Vapochill + Lian Li pc-343b

officermartinez

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys.. I am about to embark on a new setup. For those who are very familiar with the vapochill LS, I need some input. I pretty much have everything I need to swap my setup over from a watercooled system to a vapochilled system. Here is my current hardware and goal..

1. Intel QX6700. It's overclocked to 3.2ghz right now. Runs fine.
2. XFX 680i LT motherboard. No FSB issues on my quad like I encountered with my IN9 32x-max.
3. 4 gigs of Corsair Dominator 8500C5D ram.
4. Enermax Galaxy 1000 PSU.
5. 8800GTS video card.

My goals.. I would like to achieve a 24/7 stable overclock @ 4ghz. The visual appearance of my setup is one of my top priorities. I DO NOT want to chop here, saw there, dremel this, cut that, etc.. Also, I would like everything to be "self contained".. The moment I saw the Lian Li pc-343b, I knew this was the case for me. I would like to mount the Vapochill unit inside the Lian Li case. Furtermore, I would be mounting my triple rad inside the Lian Li as well. In doing some research, I am finding it hard to see if the measurements are even possible.. One obsticle seems to be the lenth of the hose, coming out of the vapochill unit.

On one side of the Lian Li case, I would mount the motherboard..

LianLi1.jpg

On the other side of the case, I would mount the Vapochill LS..

LianLi3.jpg

Would there be a way to mount the Vapochill LS inside the Lian Li without having to remove the outer Vapochill case? Would the hose reach over the top, where it would be mounted to the processor? If not, what about that opening towards the front part of the case? Is there a way to order a longer hose?

I would like the end result to look something like this (except the grills would be on the right side.. not the left side):

LianLi4.jpg

I still intend on watercooling my GPU(s). I generally never ask for help on stuff like this but since I am a total newb to Vapochilling, what better peeps to ask than some extreme cooling [H]ard|Forum members! Any suggestions? Is it even possible?

The only immediate problem I see with this is the side you want to mount the motherboard on. This case is built to house the motherboard on the left and the PSU on the right. You certainly could change this up, but you would have to do a significant amount of fabrication and completely do the back of the case. The unit however should fit in the case within its housing, but again you may have to mod the case slightly since the PSU is meant to sit in the bottom of the case on the opposite side of the motherboard.

Hopefully thats enough to get you started.

Yeah.. The PSU will be on the side where the Vapochill unit would sit.. Basically, I could mount the PSU in its spot and then mount the Vapochill on top of, or with a VERY basic bracket, mount the Vapochill unit a few inches above the PSU. Can the Vapochill unit be mounted upside down or sideways or on its front panel?

I've been looking around for ya Martinez and can't find much about the Vapochill orientation. :/

I think if you got that aluminum bracket made where the unit could set in a normal orientation and you could put some of your other gear underneath....actually I thought of something else.

You can call me if you want and I can better explain it. :p

You would be better off pulling the guts out of the Vapo and just mounting them in the case. You can't run a compressor on it's side, it will burn up from oil starvation.

Back