My notebook (an Acer Aspire 1810T) has an unused mini-PCIe slot. It doesn't even have the connector for plugging a mini-PCIe card in. It does have the traces though that the connector would be soldered to and I have read that the USB data lines are active.
The mini-PCIe traces also have 1.5v and 3.3v lines as shown here:
http://www.interfacebus.com/Mini_PCI_Express_Bus.html
I want to dismantle a Logitech Unifying Receiver and connect it to that USB "port" in the unused mini-PCIe slot. USB provides 5v though.
How would I get 5v to the unifying receiver through just the traces in that unused mini-PCIe slot?
The mini-PCIe traces also have 1.5v and 3.3v lines as shown here:
http://www.interfacebus.com/Mini_PCI_Express_Bus.html
I want to dismantle a Logitech Unifying Receiver and connect it to that USB "port" in the unused mini-PCIe slot. USB provides 5v though.
How would I get 5v to the unifying receiver through just the traces in that unused mini-PCIe slot?