So i had a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz 5.1 card and I use it to power 3 sets of logitech z5500s in different rooms at a fraternity house. I just run 2 channel audio to each z-5500 and use the stereo x2 option on the logitech to get it to run thru all the speakers.
The Problem: the front and rear outputs on the santa cruz work fine for the 2channel audio but when I use the center/sub to run audio to the third set of speakers the audio is noticeably quieter.
So what I did was I bought a Chaintech AV-710 (Via Envy24 chip) thinking that I would have 3 outputs besides the center/sub to run to all three sets of logitechs. The problem I am having is that when I tell the card to emulate the 2 channel audio on the other channels it only does it for the fronts, rears, and center/sub and not the Rear Surround output so essentially it is working exactly the same as the santa cruz card. Does anyone ahve any ideas as to what I can do? I dont see any way of getting the Chaintech's Via drivers to emulate the audio on both surrounds so what can I do to get the audio to all 3 units?
Can I run 2 sound cards, possibly one into the other to get more outputs? Is there anyway to get iTunes to output to both cards?
for now I am using a splitter on the outputs but this lowers the output level significantly so please give me your ideas. Thanks
Chris
The Problem: the front and rear outputs on the santa cruz work fine for the 2channel audio but when I use the center/sub to run audio to the third set of speakers the audio is noticeably quieter.
So what I did was I bought a Chaintech AV-710 (Via Envy24 chip) thinking that I would have 3 outputs besides the center/sub to run to all three sets of logitechs. The problem I am having is that when I tell the card to emulate the 2 channel audio on the other channels it only does it for the fronts, rears, and center/sub and not the Rear Surround output so essentially it is working exactly the same as the santa cruz card. Does anyone ahve any ideas as to what I can do? I dont see any way of getting the Chaintech's Via drivers to emulate the audio on both surrounds so what can I do to get the audio to all 3 units?
Can I run 2 sound cards, possibly one into the other to get more outputs? Is there anyway to get iTunes to output to both cards?
for now I am using a splitter on the outputs but this lowers the output level significantly so please give me your ideas. Thanks
Chris