Users with U23711, look here!

pelson

n00b
Joined
Nov 3, 2011
Messages
9
Hello!

I just got a U2711, that I´m really happy with, except one little thing!
When I got to Nvidia Control Panel and choose 1920x1080, the monitor detects it as 1920x1200 and gives the screen black borders on top and bottom. Also, inside Menu->Display Settings->Display Info on the monitor, it says 1920x1200 when in windows I choose 1920x1080.

Some things I´ve noticed are; when I use the Xbox 360, the monitor correctly recognizes the resolution as proper 1920x1080 and theres no problems.
Also, when in windows, if I choose 1920x1080 50hz the monitor get the signal as 1080p. Its only 1920x1080 59/60hz that does this.

Anyone here with a U2711, can you please try setting your monitor to 1920x1080 in Windows and see if the monitor gets it as 1920x1080 in "Display Info"

I´m on the brink of sending this back...but alot of users gets this, so maybe its a "feature"?

Thanks in advance!

*Wrong title on the thread, can´t find a editoption for it. But yeah, I mean the Dell U2711!
 
Last edited:
Why aren't you running your monitor at it's native resolution of 2560x1440?

I've read your thread and I don't understand why you want to run it at an inferior resolution.
 
Because I hit the vRAM wall at some games and need to decrease my resolution to a lower 16:9 resolution.

Is there no one here with a U2711 who can doublecheck this? :cool:
 
Back
Top