USB thumb drive reboots PC

dlouhys

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2003
Messages
148
1/2 dozen PCs and it is only a problem on 1. I have tried a Lexar and PNY thumb drive and it reboots immediately. A HP 5550 USB printer work on both USB ports without any problems.

Error is
no_more_irp_stack_locations
stop at 0x00000035

from what I am seeing it sounds like a driver issue calling for resources that aren't available (maybe I'm wrong)
Is there any solutions/workarounds?
 
dlouhys said:
1/2 dozen PCs and it is only a problem on 1. I have tried a Lexar and PNY thumb drive and it reboots immediately. A HP 5550 USB printer work on both USB ports without any problems.

Error is
no_more_irp_stack_locations
stop at 0x00000035

from what I am seeing it sounds like a driver issue calling for resources that aren't available (maybe I'm wrong)
Is there any solutions/workarounds?


I'm betting that in your bios there may be something about assinging IRQ's to USB.
toggle it..
Just a hunch..
 
are the usb ports wired correctly? I had a customer's machine that rebooted whenever a device was plugged or unplugged, and it turned out to be a bad PS and broken drivers (windows me :rolleyes: ).
 
we had that once, wasn't a thumb drive was a usb wireless nic. We ended up rma'ing the mobo and when we got the new one it fixed it.
 
These are the onboard USB ports so it's not like the USB headers were connected incorrectly. I have heard of other people having this problem but never on a case were someone actually fixed it.
 
Does it do it when the computer hasn't booted to windows yet? If so, RMA, if not, driver issue.
 
Back
Top