USB audio interface with auto mute

celwin

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know of a USB audio interface that automatically mutes the speakers when headphones are plugged into it? I currently have a Focusrite interface and getting tired of having to physically turn off monitor speakers everytime I use headphones.

I have a Sennheiser USB headset, what I do is plug them in and set them as the default audio device so when I unplug them it goes to the speakers and as soon as I plug them in it switches to the USB Sennheisers.
This feature should work with any USB headset or USB audio device.

I have a Sennheiser USB headset, what I do is plug them in and set them as the default audio device so when I unplug them it goes to the speakers and as soon as I plug them in it switches to the USB Sennheisers.
This feature should work with any USB headset or USB audio device.
Not applicable in my use case since my headphones are being plugged into the interface itself.

My Schitt Magni amp does this. Monitors are hooked up the pre-outs and when I plug in my headphones, they shut off and all audio goes to the headphones.

However for gaming, I've moved to a USB headset so I use a keyboard shortcut with SoundSwitch to switch between my headphones and speakers.

Back