• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

USB 3.0 Woes

chris129

n00b
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
7
I stuck a "ineo" I-NPC01 USB 3.0 PCI Express card in my ASUS P5B Deluxe system and installed the driver without a hitch. Unfortunately, the Sharkoon usb 3.0 HDD dock that I bought to go with it refuses to show up in Win 7 diskmanagment. The card works fine with USB 2.0 docks and flash drives. The 3.0 Sharkoon usb dock works fine when jacked into usb 2.0 ports. I have the latest 1238 bios on the P5B. I know my Asus MB is a little old and the PCI express slot might be Gen 1 but besides that I'm at a loss.
 
do you have the usb 3.0 drivers installed? That card looks like it uses a nec controller, I think.
 
Yes the USB host controller utility shows up up on the start menu and at least it did when clicked on gave the driver version. I just tested it a few minutes ago and now its says usb host controller not found. so it looks like the card died sitting in my system since when I installed it last night. Oh well it's a $20 card with tax hardly worth RMAing.
 
Yes the USB host controller utility shows up up on the start menu and at least it did when clicked on gave the driver version. I just tested it a few minutes ago and now its says usb host controller not found. so it looks like the card died sitting in my system since when I installed it last night. Oh well it's a $20 card with tax hardly worth RMAing.

it should only cost like $5 to ship it back, i would try to rma it.
 
it should only cost like $5 to ship it back, i would try to rma it.

I guess you're right. I emailed the company (it is a NEC chip and driver) who makes it which is here in California. I'll see what they have to say before sending it back to mWave. Maybe the reason that it won't work with my 3.0 docking station was that it was on the way out to begin with?
 
Anybody know if a P965 chipset or if the Asus P5B-deluxe has a gen 1 or a gen 2 PCI express slot? The specs say PCI express X1 I don't know if this refers to gen 1 or not. In other words am I wasting my time trying to install a PCI express USB 3.0 card on this board?
 
Back
Top