upset with klipsch

uB3rn00b3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
413
I just purchased a new set of 2.1 promedias off of ebay and today while i was gone I came home and my speakers were powered off. I never turn off the main power so I assumed the fuse was blown, it was, not a big deal. I went down to Radio Shack and bough some 2 amp 250 volt Slow Blow fuses and went to install them. Surprisingly when I installed the fuse and powered up the unit it blew immediately. Is my amp blown? The set was working fine when I went to bed, I was even using the headphone jack so I didnt blow anything by negligence.

Any Ideas of what to do? Are they still under warranty?
 
Why would you buy them off of ebay? Good chance you got refurb speakers, also i'm not positive but i don't think klispch will honor a warrenty if you bought them from ebay but i could be very wrong on that, last i bought my speakers they had to be direct to get the warrenty 3-5 years ago.
 
Call them, your speakers could have been killed by a power outage (mine where, same problem you described) They charge a flat rate of $60 to repair or replace the amp.
 
Back
Top