• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Ups? + Rate My system

stone

n00b
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
57
I have a new system and was wondering if i should get a ups. I curently have a good power bar but aint sure if i need more protection. If so,ne sugestion?

System specs:
Mobo:Abit AN8 Ultra
Cpu:Amd X2 4400+
Mem: PC-4000 Dual Channel 2x512mb OCZ VX
HDD: Maxtor 250gb 16mb cache with NCQ SATA
VidCard: Asus 7800gtx PCI-E
Boitier: P-160 + intake fan
PSU: Antec Smart-Power 500w
Speaker: Logitech Z-2300 2.1 200watt THX
CPU Cooler: Stock
Keyb&Mouse: Logitech Cordless 3100MX
NEtwork&Sound: Onboard
Display: Dell 2005fpw
 
Power bar != good protection. Except in rare cases involving electrical engineers with a crapload of MOVs making aftermarket alterations.

UPS is more for voltage regulation and ward vs. brownouts than anything. If you don't need the battery you can probably just get a normal voltage regulator for less...same crap about evening out the ups and downs, no sustained battery power. Either should give you decent home protection against surges and such.

Liebert is apparently The Shit.

Not at the motherboard or memory I would have picked. Still solid though. Speakers are the first thing I'd upgrade if it was mine.
 
ashmedai said:
Power bar != good protection. Except in rare cases involving electrical engineers with a crapload of MOVs making aftermarket alterations.

UPS is more for voltage regulation and ward vs. brownouts than anything. If you don't need the battery you can probably just get a normal voltage regulator for less...same crap about evening out the ups and downs, no sustained battery power. Either should give you decent home protection against surges and such.

Liebert is apparently The Shit.

Not at the motherboard or memory I would have picked. Still solid though. Speakers are the first thing I'd upgrade if it was mine.

where do i get a liebert ups for cheap?
 
Spectre said:
Liebert>all but Liebert isn't cheap. Check www.ebay.com ;)

This is one reason why I don't like "A lists" sorted by brand.

Liebert makes a full range of products including "glorified power strips with batteries" that don't even have AVR.

I would qualify that statement. ;)

If you get a Liebert Powersure, only look at the Powersure PSA model.

All of their other non-Powersure" models are certainly going to have the features you're looking for and then some... then again, they're made for servers. ;)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top