UPS battery replacement - Europe

maybe. if youre in germany. "in europe" is a bit vague. you need a RBC55 if you didnt find that yet...

maybe. if youre in germany. "in europe" is a bit vague. you need a RBC55 if you didnt find that yet...

Jesus christ does APC bend you over a barrel for their battery packs. The description on their website shows two packs, but a comment at the bottom of the page from a buyer shows the page is just for a single pack for $350. The OPs UPS requires two of them, that's $700 in batteries, APC's price. Even other distributors that sell the RBC55 pack want hundreds of dollars for them.

It's far, FAR cheaper to rebuild the existing battery packs if they were included with the unit (I would hope so!) I have a 1500VA APC UPS that uses the same battery pack and had to rebuild mine just a month or two ago after about 6 years of use. two 12v 18 Ah batteries from my parts house was something like $65, plus probably 20 or so minutes of time to rebuild the pack. All you need is a pair of needle nose pliers and a regular adjustable wrench to disconnect the pigtail and fuse from the old battery pack and install on the new batteries. The plastic bits are just double sided taped to the batteries and can be moved over to the new batteries. To hold the batteries together, use some of those double sided sticky pads between them and wrap both batteries together with some box tape or wide electrical tape.

The batteries used in this UPS are the same batteries used in golf carts and some lawn mowers. If you can't find them from an online seller individually, your local hardware or auto parts store should have them.

Back