Upgrading promedia satellites?

Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
735
I was thinking about upgrading the klipsch promedia 2.1 satelittes and switching them for a pair of rsx-4s. What I was wondering is, will this screw up the synergy between the sub and sats? And if not is it a worthwhile upgrade compared to the original promedias?
 
AFAIK, this is done all the time with the surround sets. Maybe another would like to comment.
 
i don't get it. how are you gonna control the volume. the control pod is mounted on one of the satellites right?
 
i don't get it. how are you gonna control the volume. the control pod is mounted on one of the satellites right?

2.1 = 2 speakers + a sub-woofer. In this case, the sub-woofer contains the amplifier. He has no problem switching to RSX-4s. :D
 
Yeah that's what's great about the promedia sub. I also saw the RSX-5s for about 60 more and would snap them up but my wife is already bitchy about my technology spending (usually over a grand each month minimum) so I guess I could settle for the RSX-4s if they're not that much worse. If anyone has heard both or either input would be greatly appreciated.
 
Spend some money on your wife every now and again and she'll shut up....works for me.;)
 
Yeah that's what's great about the promedia sub. I also saw the RSX-5s for about 60 more and would snap them up but my wife is already bitchy about my technology spending (usually over a grand each month minimum) so I guess I could settle for the RSX-4s if they're not that much worse. If anyone has heard both or either input would be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you consider the RB?
RB bookshef speakers + some speaker spikes. ;)
 
I'm pretty space limited where my computer setup is right now, I pretty much gotta keep it on the desk even if the desk is big enough. I'm thinking about getting some RBs for my HT though :D
 
My brother did that... he upgraded the Promedia Ultra sats to some Klipsch Synergy B2 bookshelves and the difference was very very apparent, for the better.

I would say, you are not messing with the synergy...

Oh and where and how much are you getting the RSX4 for? The reason I ask is because on one of the forums I peruse, some guy is selling 2xRSX4, 1xRCX4 (center channel), and sub (I think 8") for $400... local to me.

So... I could pick it up (gas money) and send it your way if needed.

Just as a favor for another audiophile on the 'net.
 
That's really nice of you Pinipig but I'm only looking to get the the Right/Left that and I convinced my significant other to get the RSX-5s :D Since I'm up here in Canada I don't have much choice other than picking them up on Ebay since dealers around here don't carry the RSXs. I found them for 115 s satellite which I'm guessing isn't a half bad deal?
 
Back
Top