upgraded server, now shared drives are messed up

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
I upgraded from 250GB raid to a 1TB raid.

I transfered all the files over and enabled shares on the new drives, and disabled shares on the old ones

Now when I go to map \\server\share

it ask for the domain login. I give it, and the shares still don't work.

Where am I fogetting something?

Connected wirelessly not on the domain I can map the drive and it works fine. Whats happening?'

I even log on to the Server itself and try and connect to \\server\shares and it ask for login information

windows server 2003

I upgraded from 250GB raid to a 1TB raid.

I transfered all the files over and enabled shares on the new drives, and disabled shares on the old ones

Now when I go to map \\server\share

it ask for the domain login. I give it, and the shares still don't work.

Where am I fogetting something?

Connected wirelessly not on the domain I can map the drive and it works fine. Whats happening?'

I even log on to the Server itself and try and connect to \\server\shares and it ask for login information

windows server 2003

I would think you are going to have to re-create all your shares on the new raided Drive.

I would think you are going to have to re-create all your shares on the new raided Drive.

I copied the files over, and re-created them... permissions is "Everyone" in sharing and security

also offline file sync is not working too. Gets "Network name not found" errors.

I copied the files over, and re-created them... permissions is "Everyone" in sharing and security

also offline file sync is not working too. Gets "Network name not found" errors.

Did you change the permission on the hard drive too ?

What steps did you do when you upgraded from the 250 gig volume to the TB volume?
How did the new volume get partitioned and formatted?
Or...did it come from another server prior to this?

connecting by IP address works, but servername doesn't...

I simply installed the new drives and mirrored them.. Transfered it all over..

looks like a DNS issue now.

Printers aren't working either. I have to re- add them with \\IP\printer

no conflicts. Ips are handed out by the server and computers are .50 - .150

server is .5

tracert and ping both give the same IP I type in to get it to worn correctly

Go into the advance sharing MMC and make sure you r shares are setup correctly.

Right Click "My Computer" and go to manager -> Shared Folders ->Shares

Make sure your shares show up here.

I'm assuming you are trying to use no authentication for your shares. Make sure the guest account is enabled to facilitate this.

this is essentially the same thing, but what if you open command prompt on a client computer and type

net use X: \\server\share

does that as for permission as well? do you have a password on your guest account? is the guest account enabled?

Net use command gave me the same thing.

I got it figured out. It was a group policy thing. I dropped the server and certian people were still logged on and it messed with the GP. I went through and just set everything to how it should be.

I did a gpupdate /target:computer command and they logged off and back on. Issues corrected!!!

God this was a Monday morning headache from hell

Net use command gave me the same thing.

I got it figured out. It was a group policy thing. I dropped the server and certian people were still logged on and it messed with the GP. I went through and just set everything to how it should be.

I did a gpupdate /target:computer command and they logged off and back on. Issues corrected!!!

God this was a Monday morning headache from hell

but you learned stuff right ? didn't pull any hair out ?

Back