Upgrade worth it

Mike2007x86

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 27, 2007
Messages
127
Ok so I'm sitting there listening to URGE radio when all of the sudden I hear a very loud long beep tone. I immediately power down and restart

No audio whatsoever
uninstall and reinstall drivers... Still nothing
remove and reseat audio card.. No audio still

I own an XFI Extreme Music audio card which is now history. Should I consider buying a newer audio card or another XFI?

I ask the users who have owned both of these types.
Whats the difference between and Extreme Music and an Extreme Gamer?
How would you compare an XFI to a razer AC-1?
Is it worth the jump from XFI to AC-1 with a Klipsch 5.1 Gaming system

I actually own an S-750 7.1 setup, but I like the quality and great sound
of my Klipsch 5.1
 
xtrememusic has 2 megs of xram, gamer has none. no games use it so far so it that doesnt matter
if u game u want an x-fi. period. razer ac1 only does eax2 and has no hardware acceleration- the razer would be a large jump down from an x-fi for a gamer
 
Extreme Music vs Gamer inside games themselves.

The EAX enviromental audio surround sound heard:
is there a noticable difference?
Can I hear specific sounds on one that can't be heard on another?

Gaming offline I use 5.1 speakers
Gaming online multiplayer I use headphones in XFI surround sound

I'm trying to figure out why, assuming they have the same audio engine is one marketed as a card for gamers. What makes it the card for gamers? Should I get a gamer or stick with the music version since i'll need a replacement.
 
they are the exaxt same card except for the xram. the 'gamer' or 'music' names are just marketing

u prob wont have to reinstall ur drivers just put in the new card
 
Back
Top