Upgrade from a TT Silent Boost?

Kaymaster

n00b
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
42
Right now, I'm running a Thermaltake Silent Boost Heatsink with a Panaflo L1A replacing the TT fan. I have it on a Barton 2500+ at 3200+ with AS Ceramique. I'm getting idle around 47 degrees and full load at about 53 degrees.

I'm thinking about upgrading to a SLK-947U with a Panaflo L1A attached to it and putting it on with some AS5. Will this really lower my temps all that much? The Silent Boost Heatsink is huge as it is. I'm looking for quietness when it comes to cooling, that's why I have the L1As.
 
Get SilenX or Noiseblocker fans if you want quiet. Panaflos are good, but not for those who really want quiet
 
Originally posted by ST|FFY
um, isnt the Silent Boost's fan a panaflo anyways?

Well, on that pic, it shows a M1A... he replaced with an L1A, so it does reduce noise
 
The label on the fan from the website says FBL08A12M

FBL (I think that's supposed to be the type of fan, the kind housing the fan is in)

08 - 80 mm

12 - 12v

M - medium speed (28 dba)

You can find the information here
 
Back
Top