Upgrade from 1800FP

IoWnZa

[H]F Junkie
Alright, so it's time for something larger, 19"+++

Other then the 1900FP, what are some other really sweet LCD's that can match what Dell has put out?

I was thinking a SyncMaster 191T, or 192..

Thx,

/Nate

Originally posted by IoWnZa
Alright, so it's time for something larger, 19"+++

Other then the 1900FP, what are some other really sweet LCD's that can match what Dell has put out?

I was thinking a SyncMaster 191T, or 192..

Thx,

/Nate

Hey,

I am doing research on the 19xT series. The 192T does not have swivel capabilities, and the 191T does. I am specifically looking at the 191T+ and the 192T. I heard from AnandTech forums that there is minimal ghosting, and if you do notice ghosting, it will take one to two weeks to get used to it. However, the reader reviews on Newegg do not show the same favoritism like the AT forum goers.
I personally might try it out, I am stuck between the 191T+ and the 1703FP as the latter has USB ports which would be quite beneficial for me.

Hmm.. I don't really have the use for the extra USB Port's.

I am really thinking just grab a 1900FP, but I don't want it to say Dell on it, that is why I want a 191T, or something along those lines.

/IoWnZa

just got a few more responses from the guys over at AT, they said that the 191T is a great monitor, and so is the 192T. the 192T also has built in speakers, what ever thats worth...

Originally posted by rayman2k2
just got a few more responses from the guys over at AT, they said that the 191T is a great monitor, and so is the 192T. the 192T also has built in speakers, what ever thats worth...

Other then that, is there any difference between the two of them?

Does one have a better response time?

Yes Snoozy, I am selling my 1800FP, I want the extra .9" and I don't want the Dell name on it, makes me feel like I have a Dell Computer or something, but it is by far the best Monitor I have ever owned.

/IoWnZa

everyone on here appears to be raving about the 2001FP, but i dont have enough dough to be able to comment on that :D:(

Nathan,

do you plan on gaming much with your future 19" LCD?

if so, you might wanna look at something else cuz both the Samsung and the Dell (yes, I know. you dont want their name on it) arent too good at game playing cuz there is some noticeable ghosting action going on with either one of them LCDs.

Originally posted by ozziegn
Nathan,

do you plan on gaming much with your future 19" LCD?

if so, you might wanna look at something else cuz both the Samsung and the Dell (yes, I know. you dont want their name on it) arent too good at game playing cuz there is some noticeable ghosting action going on with either one of them LCDs.

Well I know that my 1800FP does not ghost in Games, but that is the one thing that I was worried about when going larger (to a 19" LCD or larger).

What would you recommend ozz for a 19" LCD, other then what the Samsung.

As for the 2001FP, everytime I see one or hear about one it has dead or stuck pixel's, and/or the backlight is messed up, no thanks.

/IoWnZa

Originally posted by IoWnZa
As for the 2001FP, everytime I see one or hear about one it has dead or stuck pixel's, and/or the backlight is messed up, no thanks.

/IoWnZa

that being that, I would suggest that you hold on then cuz I'm telling you right now you will not be happy with most current LCDs cuz the few that I had (Dell and an off-beat brand) did have some ghosting action going on.

it seems like thats a common thing with 19" LCDs.

why? who knows..................

that being that, I would suggest that you hold on then cuz I'm telling you right now you will not be happy with most current LCDs cuz the few that I had (Dell and an off-beat brand) did have some ghosting action going on.

it seems like thats a common thing with 19" LCDs.

why? who knows..................

have you used the 191T+? Better or worse than the 1901FP?

also, remember, it's all relative, one mans ghosting is another mans...not ghosting(?)

have you used the 191T+? Better or worse than the 1901FP?

no, I havent used that one but the Dell 1901FP is supposed to be the same LCD and I did have that one.

and yes, it wasnt too great for gaming.

also, remember, it's all relative, one mans ghosting is another mans...not ghosting(?)

thats true, but at the same time, I'd consider myself to be a conserative person on the ghosting issue meaning I'm kind of forgiving when it comes to this subject.

in other words, if I say something ghosted pretty bad, then more than likely it would be really, really bad to a hardcore gamer.

no, I havent used that one but the Dell 1901FP is supposed to be the same LCD and I did have that one.

and yes, it wasnt too great for gaming.

thats true, but at the same time, I'd consider myself to be a conserative person on the ghosting issue meaning I'm kind of forgiving when it comes to this subject.

in other words, if I say something ghosted pretty bad, then more than likely it would be really, really bad to a hardcore gamer.

hmmm...in the end, its your word against AT forums...and believe me, your someone i trust alot...however, to play devils advocate, AT forums said that the Samsung 191T+ ghosts less than the 1901fp...

*sigh. back to square one...

hmmm...in the end, its your word against AT forums...and believe me, your someone i trust alot...however, to play devils advocate, AT forums said that the Samsung 191T+ ghosts less than the 1901fp...

*sigh. back to square one...

well, I for one am obviously only one person so if more than one person at AT say the 191T ghosts less than the 1901FP, then you should take their opinion over mine.

The dead/stuck pixel issue with the 2001FP is no worse then any other monitor on the market, there is and always will be a chance of dead pixels on an LCD. The 2001FP does have the advantage in that it has a signifigantly larger number of pixels to begin with, so even if you were to be plagued with a dead pixel it would be extremely small and hard to detect ... either way I had no dead pixels on mine ... people just like to sensationalize and find any and every flaw in a new product, it is the nature of people :)

Originally posted by HiTech-Hate
The dead/stuck pixel issue with the 2001FP is no worse then any other monitor on the market, there is and always will be a chance of dead pixels on an LCD. The 2001FP does have the advantage in that it has a signifigantly larger number of pixels to begin with, so even if you were to be plagued with a dead pixel it would be extremely small and hard to detect ... either way I had no dead pixels on mine ... people just like to sensationalize and find any and every flaw in a new product, it is the nature of people :)

Well I just seem to see more and more of the 2001FP's with that issue then the other ones, but the reason behind that is yes, they do have more to begin with, but the backlighting is another issue.

/IoWnZa

I really like my samsung 193s

Its gorgeous, bright, small yet sturdy

ghosts a bit in only a few games.

I got an awesome deal on it at staples

$530cdn which is like $410usd....

People like to sensationalize on the 2001FP because it was so hyped beforehand and the intro $750(?) offer was too sweet for many people to pass up. But considering it has something like 5,760,000 individual subpixles (red/blue/green basically) 3-5 dead ones is...um...8.68e^-7%. And thats not very many...99.9999999... is a passing grade in most courses.

My 2000FP is flawless.

The 2001FP will get better as time goes on. Its a new product...

I am thinking of a getting a 17-18" 12x10 LCD, just wish smaller 16x12 displays were out, even if they were 25ms...someitmes when you just want a bright display and wont game on it a slower reponse time is OK...(but boo to having to be analog input, maybe I will get a PCI card for 2x DVI...)

Originally posted by GLSauron
People like to sensationalize on the 2001FP because it was so hyped beforehand and the intro $750(?) offer was too sweet for many people to pass up. But considering it has something like 5,760,000 individual subpixles (red/blue/green basically) 3-5 dead ones is...um...8.68e^-7%. And thats not very many...99.9999999... is a passing grade in most courses.

My 2000FP is flawless.

The 2001FP will get better as time goes on. Its a new product...

I am thinking of a getting a 17-18" 12x10 LCD, just wish smaller 16x12 displays were out, even if they were 25ms...someitmes when you just want a bright display and wont game on it a slower reponse time is OK...(but boo to having to be analog input, maybe I will get a PCI card for 2x DVI...)

That may be true, but if someone is going to put out a product, it should be put out right, now with something wrong with it.

/IoWnZz

Originally posted by HiTech-Hate
The 2001FP does have the advantage in that it has a signifigantly larger number of pixels to begin with, so even if you were to be plagued with a dead pixel it would be extremely small and hard to detect ... either way I had no dead pixels on mine ... people just like to sensationalize and find any and every flaw in a new product, it is the nature of people :)
Depending on how you look at it, that could be considered a disadvantage, b/c it has a higher chance of having a bad pixel.

Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but pixels are the same size whether on a 15" LCD or a 20" LCD, so while it may be harder to detect due to the large overall number of pixels, that dead pixel wouldn't actually be any smaller.

Back