I am itching to upgrade my rig. I hardly use it for gaming, mostly for word base works, online browsing, light gaming, music, and watching movies. So with that said, I want to know what is considered a good upgrade for my rig. I want something that has a nice bang for your buck ratio.
Specs:
Intel P4 2.4C rock solid @ 3.0 with stock core V
ABIT IC7-G
2x512mb PC2700 2-3-3-7
BBA 9800 Pro
Audigy 2 ZX
120GB Seagate SATA
250GB WD PATA
Lite-On 8x DVDRW
PVR MCE 150
Antec Sonata
Antec 380w PSU
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Logtitech MX700
Streamzap remote
Sennheiser 497
Now, some things that I am seriously thinking about upgrading are the Ram chips, Video Card, Keyboard, and Remote.
With the ram, I am going to swap out ram with my g/f rig. I just bought/built her a new unit and got some PC3200 for a good price but the way I OC her setup, she can do 1:1 timings with my PC2700 sets. So the ram swap is a given, just have not had the time to do so as of late.
But as for the Video Card, what is the resale, used value of the BBA 9800 Pro? And will an AGP version of the 6600 perform better when compared to the 9800 Pro? And are there a particular 6600 made by a certain company that is known to perform better than others?
As for the keyboard, I know that it is more of a user pref. but my Elite keyboard is starting to be a bit much for me with all of the buttons and etc. Anyone know of a good, simple keyboard great for gaming and word processing?
Now, for the HTPC remote, I have the streamzap right now, it is good for basic usage, but now I want to be able to move the mouse with the remote similar to that of the All in wonder remote. Any suggestions?
Ahrite guys, shoot your advice.
Alex
Specs:
Intel P4 2.4C rock solid @ 3.0 with stock core V
ABIT IC7-G
2x512mb PC2700 2-3-3-7
BBA 9800 Pro
Audigy 2 ZX
120GB Seagate SATA
250GB WD PATA
Lite-On 8x DVDRW
PVR MCE 150
Antec Sonata
Antec 380w PSU
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Logtitech MX700
Streamzap remote
Sennheiser 497
Now, some things that I am seriously thinking about upgrading are the Ram chips, Video Card, Keyboard, and Remote.
With the ram, I am going to swap out ram with my g/f rig. I just bought/built her a new unit and got some PC3200 for a good price but the way I OC her setup, she can do 1:1 timings with my PC2700 sets. So the ram swap is a given, just have not had the time to do so as of late.
But as for the Video Card, what is the resale, used value of the BBA 9800 Pro? And will an AGP version of the 6600 perform better when compared to the 9800 Pro? And are there a particular 6600 made by a certain company that is known to perform better than others?
As for the keyboard, I know that it is more of a user pref. but my Elite keyboard is starting to be a bit much for me with all of the buttons and etc. Anyone know of a good, simple keyboard great for gaming and word processing?
Now, for the HTPC remote, I have the streamzap right now, it is good for basic usage, but now I want to be able to move the mouse with the remote similar to that of the All in wonder remote. Any suggestions?
Ahrite guys, shoot your advice.
Alex