Untangle Installer problems...

VeeDubbs

Limp Gawd
Just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

I've attempted to download untangle for home use -- the Re-Router version for XP. I go to untanlge.com and follow the links for downloading. I've also tried the two available exe's from sourceforge.net. All of the things I've downloaded fail while trying to verify the installer. I know there is a way to get around and continue with the install even if it fails the integrity check.

One odd thing is, is that I've downloaded the exe's from work now -- tested them on an XP machine there (and they passed the integrity check) -- and copied them to my home machine. Same thing -- they fail!

What would possibly be causing this? Same AV on my home machine and test work machine. I find this kind of odd -- and irritating!

So the downloads work fine on a machine at the office...just not on your home machine?

First hunch...faulty or incompatible RAM
Second hunch...some malware running on your system, running in RAM.
Also try clearing out your temp files and running a defrag after that..unzipped files go into temp as unpackaged.

Thanks again.

I took out all my RAM and one by one put it in. Untangle didn't like 2 out of my 4 DIMMS. Never had that happen before!

Thanks again.

I took out all my RAM and one by one put it in. Untangle didn't like 2 out of my 4 DIMMS. Never had that happen before!

I've noticed (even going back with the Win95 days) that working with large compressed files can crash if anything is "flakey" about the RAM. The PC can run totally normal all day all week all month all year going a lot of day to day regular activities....but there's something about how zipping/unzipping large files seems to really push something in the RAM.

Back