Unlocking Locked Athlons:

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
Originally posted by ziddey
they didnt lock ability to mp mod. if you were unable to do so, you made some type of fubar.

are you sure you successfully did it?

also, im not sure if itll allow you native support of multiplier changes in the bios. i havent looked at the exact details yet. but doing so will allow for you to manip your multi from within windows.

dunno ask relic, he was doing it for me :p

That's really cool. Reminds me of that old Soft FSB program that let you adjust FSB on the fly.

A new app combining this with MBM would be ideal. Dial in a temp and you could safely overclock all year round.

eek

cant doubt the expert :D

I was doubting myself for a while. ;)
but I still haven't given up on these two 2500+s

but how would i lower the multiplier b4 windows? or can that prog increase the fsb in windows?

food for thought

im on my 2nd rig right now. slow ass tbird.
anyways i have my 2500 out so i can do the mod to mod the chip to a lower multi or unlock it so in the bios i can chance multi.

This pic illustrates a mobile MP configuration with multipliers up to 15 unlocked. To unlock multipliers up to 24, simply cut the next L6 bridge in line.

bartonMOBILE.JPG

-EDIT- Sorry for the pic size.

ok thanks .

the translation was cunfusing.

now how can i blow the 2 L6 bridges

Originally posted by ALL4AMD
ok thanks .

the translation was cunfusing.

now how can i blow the 2 L6 bridges
you dont need to blow them necessarily

i just take an xacto knife and jam it in between.

you dont need to blow them necessarily

i just take an xacto knife and jam it in between.

but wont that cut something else under the bridge?

I barely had to scratch them myself. by the time I cut through the packaging, the bridge was gone.

Will this mod work on the AMD 760MP chipset, or is it for non-SMP chipsets?? I need to purchase some Bartons and mod them for higher multipliers to work with a slower FSB.

So does this for sure work now? On the l6 bridges do they get cut vertically or horizontally in the picture? Thanks.

ALL4AMD - As far as I know, all athlon XPs are now locked. I don't see why the 2100+ would be any different.

i would think that the 2100 tbreds were not due to them not being produced anymore

Has any body done this yet? Any other website with some more info. I thought Relic was working on trial?

my 2100 tbred comes in thursday so we will c if it is locked or not

the chip came today

AXDA2100DUT3C
JIUHB 0308 WPMW

this is unreal newegg had a 2100 that is almost a year old.
It also is on the old green packaging.

will soon have a pic of it

that's pretty crazy, and pretty lucky of you :)

As far as trying it, i'm curious as to how one would drop the multiplier and then up the FSB. Would we need another probgram (such as softfsb) to up the FSB?

I'm gathering that depending on board, the multiplier at which you boot at may vary. Some boot at the default of 11x, some boot at the default of yoru chip (in my case 15x) and some may boot at the highest allowed, or the lowest allowed.

I can't test because my brother is being an ass and wants his chip.

Originally posted by Rapier
Has any body done this yet? Any other website with some more info. I thought Relic was working on trial?
I did it long ago. It works. Read the thread.

I recommend everyone to exercise great caution attempting this "mod" to their CPUs. I was not successful with one of the two Bartons I recently purchased. Now the processor won't even POST. I'm loathe to try this on the second processor. I don't know what exactly went wrong, but from all appearances, the CPU is probably dead.

I have not seen much info on the net regarding this technique and its rate of success. I am even skeptical that it will work on all processors. I hope that anyone trying has more success than I, but I don't think I'll attempt this a second time. Not unless there's a additional information available or a more detailed "how-to" than the one presented in this thread.

You probably cut too deep while breaking the bridges. All is required is to cut the very top layer. Go much deeper and you'll have problems.
I thought I hadn't cut deep enough only to find out I had done it perfectly.

Cutting the bridges is the only risk. I didn't cut the bridges until I had the program working and multipliers changing in Windows. Its not worth cutting unless you're positive it will work.

Originally posted by diredesire
that's pretty crazy, and pretty lucky of you :)

no cuz the 2nd 2100 i just got was the same stepping and week so it seems to me that newegg still has batches of tbreds still

I've hard-modded 2 Thoroughbed B Durons & 2 2500+ Bartons till now.
Bartons overclock quite well.
1.- One is in a Nforce2 Asus board wich doesn't allow real time multiplier changes. It is at 2200Mhz (200FSB) 1.75v.
2.- The other one is in a Legend Via333 Board that allows from 5x to 13.5x smoothly. It is at 2250 Mhz (166FSB) 1.75v.

Durons are 1400 & 1600 Mhz. Both of them running at 2200Mhz 200 FSB PERFECTLY!!. Only drawback is both are running al 1'7v (not so bad).
The Duron 1600Mhz can be easyly oclocked to 2400 Mhz raising to 1'85volts. It has a green substrate, the other one has "red" substrate.

So Thoroughbed B core runs PERFECT, I supose the supply chain is perfectly optimised now.
Bartons are OK, but I think their supply chain is stillnot so perfect.

I'd recommend buying Durons Throughbed B (They are sold now in 1600 and 1800Mhz)

Hope this helps.
:D :D :D

welcome to the boards pueseso, always nice to see new members! Thanks for that info!

Does anyone know if this method would still work with the wire trick? My MPX motherboard BIOS does not support multiplier adjustment so the wire trick was the only way to control multiplier.
Thanks!

edit:
I guess what I'm asking is whether I can change the initial multiplier using the wire trick on these superlocked processors. It seems that since the L3 values can't be modified from the bridges, the wire trick would not be successful either. The software mod would be the only possible way to change the multiplier for now.

Back