unifi ap question

unwantedSN

Weaksauce
Do i need to keep the controller running all the time to get device statistics? I really like that I can log into the controller and see that device "X" is currently connected and has used y/z for upload / download, but i hate to have to keep my pc on all the time just to get those stats. Is there a way to get this info with using the controller software, perhaps ssh/tenet etc?

Once the units are programmed, they will run without the controller. I'm not sure on the stats collection, but I'd think the controller needs to be on to collect the stats. I've never turned ours off and never thought to ask that. But they do run if the controller is off, that much I do know. However if you need captive portal for some reason, then the controller has to be on for that function. So this question might be better suited to the unifi forum since they have devs in there.

Yes, the controller needs to be on to collect stats.

do you have an always on machine? You can setup the controller to run as a service and collect the data. You need to manually set it up to run as a service. Google srvany.exe

do you have an always on machine? You can setup the controller to run as a service and collect the data. You need to manually set it up to run as a service. Google srvany.exe

They have instructions on how to setup a windows service. No need to use srvany.

Back