Unhappy with McRes

bitbum

Gawd
Joined
Mar 10, 2003
Messages
522
I'm doing my first water cooled system test. Swiftech McRes -> Swiftech MCP650 -> heater core. There is lots of turbulence, and gurgle noise inside McRes, and air keeps getting spit out into the pump. No matter how much I try to get the air out, there is always a little left in there. Is this normal? Is there a fix for this, or is a T-line the remedy? :confused:
 
I'm using the same res without any problems, you might try Swiftechs suggestion and fill the res till it's almost totally full, that should take care of the problem. Tipping the res with the fill hole up will help fill the res.

res7io.jpg
 
Just for the heck of it, I added the CPU block to the loop, and no more gurgle and the air stopped going into the pump. My guess is that the added restriction reduced turbulence in the McRes. I did as you suggested, Bio-Hazard, and that helped too. Things may get even more quiet after GPU block goes in. I'm looking foward to getting getting everything working this week-end. :D
 
I had that same res for awhile and had the gurgling noise with everything hooked up. I got tired of it and ended up just using a T-line...
 
Like with any res, the warter has to be high enough to prevent the returning water turbulence from making noice.............. ;) All mine are silent running..................... :D
 
Back
Top