I'm putting together an ITX system built around a 2500k processor and an H67 board. Before anyone gets upset with me for putting in an unlocked processor into a locked North Bridge, I'm looking to take advantage of the additional graphics power of the K chips.
That being said, I'm curious if anyone has experimented with undervolting a 2500k or 2600k processor at stock speeds. I'm trying to find out how low the voltage can be taken while still being able to run stress tests successfully.
My goal is to build a system around a 150 watt power supply. I'd like to keep the processor as cool as possible by lowering the voltage.
Has anyone experimented with this?
That being said, I'm curious if anyone has experimented with undervolting a 2500k or 2600k processor at stock speeds. I'm trying to find out how low the voltage can be taken while still being able to run stress tests successfully.
My goal is to build a system around a 150 watt power supply. I'd like to keep the processor as cool as possible by lowering the voltage.
Has anyone experimented with this?