Unable to surf any sites(slow) while utorrent

cyclone9

Weaksauce
Hi guys,

I'm currently have problem surfing sites while my utorrent is start downloading. Even the download rate not > 10, it still utilizing my network to near 100% of my 1 Mbps

I just upgraded my pc to AMD X2, and i have this problem :(
here is my screenshot of my settings

123ov7.png

enable QoS on the router so web surfing is a bit faster?

could also drop the number of connected peers.

500 connections, YIKES

it's probably pretty slow... if i open anything more than 200, my internet will completely stop working, i think it's a problem with cable modem, or something... can't have that many connections open at once

it's probably pretty slow... if i open anything more than 200, my internet will completely stop working, i think it's a problem with cable modem, or something... can't have that many connections open at once

Cable modem...no, if there's a router in place...possibly yes...depending on the horsepower of the router.

And..with P2P software, your PC usually gets infested with ad/spyware/trojans..so your PC may be having a lot more traffic than you think. ;)

i've fix it by off the DHCP mode on my router and fix an ip on my pc
so i now i have no problem surfing while torrenting

i've fix it by off the DHCP mode on my router and fix an ip on my pc
so i now i have no problem surfing while torrenting

That's how I've always configured my router with bit torrent before. And even with more conservative settings (40 max number connections, 10 connections per torrent, 3 upload slots per torrent, 15 maximum upload rate in kB, 1000 kB maximum download rate) I still notice the same scenario. I just attribute it to bit torrent sucking. DC++ is generally a lot better in my experience, at least for what I do.

Anyways, I have always wondered if there was a way to customize the networking view in task manager. Intsead of the link speed being 100Mbps it would be cool to be able to set it at something representative of our internet speed, instead of just the network speed itself.

I fixed a similar issue by flashing my Router BIOS with DD-WRT and upping the number of available ports to 2048 and lowering my TCP/UDP timeouts to 120secs.

I also jacked up the antena power to 60mW versus 28mW

Cobalt2112.png

I fixed a similar issue by flashing my Router BIOS with DD-WRT and upping the number of available ports to 2048 and lowering my TCP/UDP timeouts to 120secs.

I also jacked up the antena power to 60mW versus 28mW

Cobalt2112.png

This guy has the right idea. A lot of people are coming across with this problem and it mainly has to do with the amount of open connections your router will allow. Utorrent is a whore when it comes to connections and will take them all up so that your router cant open any more when you try to sign into msn or open a new webpage

Yikes was a good choice :)

Even the best routers (DIR-655), etc.., can only handle around 250 ip connections at once.

500 connections, YIKES

Back