Unable to install Win2k

HereComeTheBugs

Limp Gawd
I purchased an STAT controller to install an extra serial ATA drive that I have in my old computer... the problem is every time I try to specify a raid or scsi driver when I boot from the Windows 2000 CD I get an error saying.

An unexpected error (0) occurred at
line 962 in D:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c.

press any key to continue

:mad: what the heck does that mean... It gives me that error before it even tries to access the driver on the floppy -- The error pops up when I hit S to specify the driver (the floppy never lights up. I also tried doing it without the floppy connected).

Does Win2k use a ram disk to load the files? I ran memtest86 to make sure that my RAM was ok... My RAM looks fine. It run for about 8 hours while I was sleeping (It made 11 passes with no errors).

I've also tried using my brothers Win2k CD, but I still get the same error.

Any ideas???

a quick google search came up with this...
3. Adaptec* 3410/3210/2110 Fails Windows 2000 installation Problem: Adaptec-3410s, 3210s, or 2110s cards in C3 or D2, connects the RAID card to the HSBP, and has at least one drive in HSBP (and no IDE drives in the system). RAID card sees the drives and configures array fine. Windows 2000 installation: press F6, select S to load additional SCSI adapter driver and this error message appears: An unexpected error (0) occurred at line 962 in F:\nt\private\ntos\boot\setup\oemdisk.c Press any key to continue" User never gets prompted to load the driver disk and installation fails at that point. NOTE: if no drives are installed in the HSBP, installation proceeds correctly past this point. OS is being installed from CDROM, using the IDE slimline/floppy on D2 or the IDE CDROM drive that shipped with C3. Workaround: Enable EBDA relocation in the adapter setup utility Status: Fix in future BIOS

Based on that info, I would try updating your bios or using an IDE system drive.

Back