Unable to Install Vista 64 on new hardware. BSOD during install.

RoadKill

Weaksauce
I'm trying install Vista 64 on my rig that I've just upgraded with new hardware.

I continue to get this BSOD message during the install process.

"a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the
allocated time interval"

Hardware is as follows.
M3A32-MVP Deluxe Wi/fi
AMD Phenom 9600+ BE
4gig (2x2gig A-data DDR 2 800)
two HD3870 512's
two 500gig SATA II harddrives (Drives set in IDE mode. no raid)
750watt PSU
SONY DVD-RW cd drive.

Mobo BIOS is updated to current version 801.
No overclocks on anything. All BIOS options set at default.

Windows XP 32bit installs and runs fine. Vista 32-bit installs and runs fine. Only getting the errors/BSOD during install or during windows startup after the install.

I have removed 1 vid card, 1 stick of ram, and one of my 500gig harddrives for the install process.

currently machine is running vista 32 bit.

Try running memtest and see if it gives any errors. Bad memory is the only thing I've seen cause a BSOD during install.

Try it with only 2GB RAM - some boards have problems installing OS with 4GB RAM.

Did you try raising ram voltage to suggested voltage? I believe stock bios is set to 1.8v.

currently attempting install of Vista 64-bit.

I have 1 stick of 2gig ram on the board. I also removed my HD3870, and stuck in a X1300 128mb PCI vid card in it.

I also disabled the WiFi, front panel audio, and firewire.

currently, I'm on step 2 of the install process. Expanding files.

eeewww X1300 pci? gross. Its probably easier on the system to set the primary display adapter to the pci-e slot anyways, since its more regular. I don't think your hD3870 is giving you any trouble on the install. but maybe...

eeewww X1300 pci? gross. Its probably easier on the system to set the primary display adapter to the pci-e slot anyways, since its more regular. I don't think your hD3870 is giving you any trouble on the install. but maybe...

better to be safe...and eliminate it from the equation just to be sure. I've been trying to figure out this issue since early yesterday. I'm trying anything i can think of.

welp, it still continues to BSOD during the install after the first reboot during widows setup. No matter what I seem to do it still gives the

"a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the
allocated time interval"

error.

Hell, I've even gone into the BIOS and disabled THREE of the CPU cores and tried to do the install on a single core. :(

ALWAYS BSOD's on the "completeing Installation" screen after the "widows is preparing to run for the first time" screen.

ok, it has booted to desktop......I diabled 3 of the CPU cores.

It's basically running on just minum hardware JUST to get it running. I'm going to try and patch/update all that can. Maybe there is a hotfix or update for VISTA to play nice with my quad-core. I'm feeling that might be what the issue is. I mean, I can run/game in Windows XP-Pro with my Phenom Quad-core just fine.

Back