"Ultra PSU"

Passive Anubis said:
Look at this powersupply. It's 150 dollars, which is a little out of my league for a psu.

What do you guys think?

Heres a url for the product itself:

LOL 150????? compusa has them for 99 bucks...and that is not a good price hehe they are not very good...
i recommend getting an antec neo power 480 or ocz powerstream 520 for under 150 and they both are ALOT better than the ultra....

You can't link to images on your hard drive.
wink.gif

Ultra PSUs tend to be crap for the money. They are a mediocre PSU with bling bling that is incredibly overpriced. If they cost $20 I would change my mind.

Some guy just had one blow up on him this morning, killing a DFI MOBO. you can get the more powerful and safer forton source 530w for ~$70 at newegg.com.

orkan said:
Stay away from Ultra's. I can't believe I havn't heard more nasty things about them than I have.

A cheap powmax PSU, re-badged as an Ultra with pretty coverings.

Mine just blew up, taking my new DFI SLI-DR board along with it. Now I get to enjoy the waiting game until my RMA's process.

My new OCZ Powerstream 520 is on the way. BURN IN HELL ULTRA!!!!!

(Thats the story)

i wish i bought a powerstream but at the time i couldnt afford it (i got my ultra for $60 on ebay :D )

I had one of these take out two motherboards before I finally ditched it. They are not worth having.

The only good thing about them is the looks (on the less intense colors at least, that one looks like puke).

Forget them. My Enermax is great. I'm replacing it with an OCZ Powerstream though. Both excellent PSUs.

:p I have 4 of them Stable as can be. You should be able to get em for around 70 bucks give or take 10. Froogle it.

Ultra powersupples are made from low end components. I would recommend a Neopower over it any day.

Also, there is a Power Supply forum here ;)

What rock have you been hiding under? These PSUs are crap.
Forum search, its your friend.

Ultra sent me a X-Connect 500w to review and I must say it's one hell of a unit. It puts out more than enough power and the rails hardly deviate .02v higher or lower than what they should be.

the first generation of ultra psus really sucked but they fixed alot of the problems but if you can afford it i suggest getting a powerstream :D dont pay more than $70 for an ultra psu

GlobalFear said:
I fixed the image for you. You need to upload the image to a server of some kind. (www.imageshack.com, etc)

http://img232.exs.cx/img232/5089/ult31560lr11yp.jpg[/QUOTE]

[url]www.Imageshack.US[/url]

[URL=http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&teamnum=33&username=MeanieMan][IMG]http://www.mentallyretired.com/h3/index.cfm/u_127431[/URL]

TheGamerZ said:
Ultra sent me a X-Connect 500w to review and I must say it's one hell of a unit. It puts out more than enough power and the rails hardly deviate .02v higher or lower than what they should be.

can you tell us the test method?

TheGamerZ said:

The fact that it can perform well for a few days says nothing about the quality of the parts used to manufacture it. I guarantee you that it does not have high quality parts in it and it is MUCH more likely to fail and kill hardware then an Antec Neopower or OCZ PowerStream which will both wipe the floor with an Ultra X-connect.

If I still had access to an electronics lab, I'd bench test one of these supplies.

orkan said:
Stay away from Ultra's. I can't believe I havn't heard more nasty things about them than I have.

A cheap powmax PSU, re-badged as an Ultra with pretty coverings.

Mine just blew up, taking my new DFI SLI-DR board along with it. Now I get to enjoy the waiting game until my RMA's process.

My new OCZ Powerstream 520 is on the way. BURN IN HELL ULTRA!!!!!

Youngyear Electronics not Powmax \ Leadman Electronics

but basically the same difference :p

Back