Ubiquity - Dream Machine Pro - $279.

Building a parts list for a school project and I noticed the Dream Machine Pro is $100 off right now. $279.00

https://store.ui.com/us/en/pro/category/all-unifi-cloud-gateways/products/udm-pro

I only deploy these for projects I'm involved with that fit the needs.
I bought one as it does what I need it to do, within a power and space budget. Mine shipped out yesterday, and is in UPS's hands, but they have a predicted delivery of next week. Usually FL to VA is 2 days. Looks like the UPS link originally had some other shipment data. This is shipping from UT to VA, so the time-frame sounds reasonable.

I told a co-worker about this deal as he was already interested. Seems like they're sold out as of Wed Dec 13th.

Last edited:
I bought one as it does what I need it to do, within a power and space budget. Mine shipped out yesterday, and is in UPS's hands, but they have a predicted delivery of next week. Usually FL to VA is 2 days.

I told a co-worker about this deal as he was already interested. Seems like they're sold out as of Wed Dec 13th.
Thats my only real complaint of Unifi. The have inconsistent stock with poor notifications of such when you're trying to order. I ordered one for myself once I saw it and I got a ship notice this morning. Here's to hoping.

First discount I've seen on these units. I wonder if they are phasing them out only for the SE model or if a new one is coming.

Thats my only real complaint of Unifi. The have inconsistent stock with poor notifications of such when you're trying to order. I ordered one for myself once I saw it and I got a ship notice this morning. Here's to hoping.

First discount I've seen on these units. I wonder if they are phasing them out only for the SE model or if a new one is coming.
When I was ordering some of the new (at the time) WiFi 6 gear, I would see them in stock, pull the trigger, then check later to see the OOS status. I always received my order.

As for the new model, I'm not too shook up about a new hardware release, as this current model will supposedly spec out more than the max service I can reasonably buy from my ISP. I just needed a 10gbe interface back to my LAN.

I think this is the case, the SE upgrades the Pro by adding PoE and bumping the Gbe LAN port to 2.5 Gbe. Interface count and speeds are otherwise identical, has the same throughput rating, so probably the same or only slightly upgraded processor.

I think this is the case, the SE upgrades the Pro by adding PoE and bumping the Gbe LAN port to 2.5 Gbe. Interface count and speeds are otherwise identical, has the same throughput rating, so probably the same or only slightly upgraded processor.

It's the same processor and the same 1Gb link between the built in switch and the backbone. If you need the 10GbE interface, you likely don't want to use the built in switch on either the Pro or SE. Maybe the new Enterprise version will fix that. You're better off going from the UDM Pro/SE to the 10GbE aggregation switch and hanging things off of it.

So they’ll give you a 2.5G WAN port but the integrated switch can’t handle it because they did a dumb with their backplane? Sounds about right for Ubiquiti, unfortunately.

So they’ll give you a 2.5G WAN port but the integrated switch can’t handle it because they did a dumb with their backplane? Sounds about right for Ubiquiti, unfortunately.

Yeah, with the price drop on the Dream Wall, you're better off going with it if you want to use the onboard POE and you get a free Wifi6 AP built in. I keep contemplating buying one but already having the UDM Pro and SE I'd rather just wait for the UDM Max and Wifi7 APs to arrive at this point.

Yeah, with the price drop on the Dream Wall, you're better off going with it if you want to use the onboard POE and you get a free Wifi6 AP built in. I keep contemplating buying one but already having the UDM Pro and SE I'd rather just wait for the UDM Max and Wifi7 APs to arrive at this point.

Technically the dream wall might be ok but from a usability standpoint it’s terrible. I don’t know how you could keep a nice and tidy setup with that monster. I have a wall mount 9u in a closet and it’s perfect, when I build my house it’ll be a huge one with active ventilation planning thought about.

As it is with my current setup I put a vent to an adjacent room and exhaust fan venting into attic.

Back