• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

U2312HM vs VG23AH

NewName

n00b
Joined
Oct 13, 2012
Messages
1
All of my previous monitors have been AG TNs, and I've been looking to move to a cheap IPS.

My usage cases are mainly internet, and text with some moderate to light movies and gaming.

What I'm mainly looking for is a monitor with good viewing angles, build quality (including a good stand), and decent gaming performance. Colour performance isn't a big concern for me.

It seems like the two most recommended cheap IPS screens are the Dell U2312HM and the ASUS VG23AH.

I've read that the VG23AH is a better choice over the U2312HM due to the AG not being as severe. But will I really notice the AG on the Dell if I come from (and am used to) AG TNs?

I can get both for around $230, which is my upper limit as far as budget. From what I've heard the customer service from Dell is a lot better, which is a big plus.

Thanks for your help!
 
TN panels usually have noticeably lighter coatings than matte IPS, as long as they aren't LG or HP brand TN's.

The Asus is still better even when you don't consider the AG coating since it has better colours, black levels and supports 72hz with custom timings. Just get it from Amazon, Buy.com or Best Buy since they all have hassle free return+exchange polcies.
 
Back
Top