Two Thumbs up to Amazon

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
I bought a Coolermaster HAF-XB EVO the other day from Amazon, it was $69 after a $20 rebate. I went there today to print out the rebate form and the link for the rebate was not on the product page anymore, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

So I sent Amazon an email asking for the forms and they replied a few hours ago.

Hello,

I understand your concern about promotion to this order, I am glad to assist you with it.

To make it right for you, I've requested a refund of $20.00 to your original payment method.

You'll see the refund on your credit card statement in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll also be able to see the refund request here:

{snip}
Please be assured that we are always here to assist our customers. Every customers is valuable for us.

It's my pleasure to resolve your case, and I hope we have lived up to your expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

I thought that was pretty cool.

I have been pretty disappointed in amazon over the years. Their customer service is top notch and will resolve pretty much any problem. The problem I have is I get tons of opened stuff, I really think my account is flagged as the "send used stuff to this address" account. I know I bought new and specifically from amazon and not a third party seller. They will also ship my items ground when I pay for 1 day shipping, this usually happens 1 in 4 times I pay for 1 day shipping.

I have had obviously used items sent to me at least twice a year for about the last 5 years. Just this month I got two opened/used items. I bought some amazon basics rechargeable batteries. The AAA ones were fully sealed, the AA ones were opened, seal was cut by a knife so they didn't just accidentally come open. I also bought a pioneer receiver. It was opened previously and even had the previous persons shipping label on it on the outside.

It's nice that they make it right but I get quite a few screw ups from them and it gets old. They have the lowest prices so I deal with it.

Oh and there is this gem of a person I talked to, I wanted to know if the reciever I was buying was returnable because I have bought a/v equipment before from amazon and some of it was non-returnable.

Initial Question: What is the return policy on this item? I want to get it as a gift for someone but if they don't like it iI don't want to be stuck with it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ITHKJDO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

12:57 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): Hello, my name is xxxx.
12:59 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): I'm sorry to know that your having issue regarding the policy for the item you want to buy as a gift. No worries I will be happy to check this for you and see what I can do to help.
01:00 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): Before I look into your account, I need to verify that you're the account holder. Can you tell me the name on your account, your e-mail address, and your billing address, please?
01:01 AM PST me: I don't understand why you need to know that? I haven't even bought it yet, I am just wondering what the return policy is on the item.
Like is it non returnable, or does it have a restocking fee if returned?
01:02 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): I'm really sorry my friend however its for the security of your account to be safe.
01:02 AM PST me: what account?
I haven't bought anything
01:06 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): I understand my friend xxxx. However to pull up your account and see the details I need to verify that your the account holder.
01:06 AM PST me: Don't pull my account then, my account has nothing to do with the return policy of an item
01:08 AM PST xxxx(Amazon): Alright.
Here is the policy for this item:
01:09 AM PST xxxx(Amazon):
2-Year Home AV Protection Plan
from Square Trade
(16)
$13.85
2-year coverage from date of purchase: electrical & mechanical failures
Fixed or receive full replacement cost in 5 days or less - guaranteed
Free 2-way shipping for repairs
100% parts and labor covered with no deductibles
Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days.

01:09 AM PST me: that is a protection plan, not the return policy

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's good to see a good Amazon customer service story because the last three times I have dealt with them weren't very satisfying for me. At least it was over an 18 month period so it's not often I do have to call them. They tried to tell me I shouldn't have followed their own instructions for returning items in the same order in the same box. Then I got the complete wrong item in an order and it took forever dealing with them to try to get a refund. And last year on the Thursday before Christmas I bought something that went on sale for a gift, was advertised to ship same day, wound up not being shipped until the following Monday for delivery on Christmas Eve. FedEx Home Delivery was so kind to drop it off somewhere about 40 miles away right as everything started closing so I couldn't go buy another one real quick. The C.S. Rep was all, "If you aren't satisfied with your Prime membership I'll be happy to cancel it for you and refund the remaining months." No I want the items shipped when it says they will be shipped because if this had happened even a day earlier I could have went to buy it somewhere else.

Short story is I buy almost everything locally now and just have them pricematched to Amazon. Only reason we still have Prime is my wife uses Subscribe and Save, and Amazon Mom frequently. Those discounts are getting so abysmal though it's almost not worth it.

Back