Twinmos DDR400 @ cas 2.0 vDIMM 2.7

ufster8

Weaksauce
The Memory is originally designed for the following timings 2,5-3-3-8-2 so I decided to lower the command rate to 1 and cas to 2.0 but I had to raise the vDIMM by 0.1, should I stick with these settings or try and go further?? is 2.7 vDIMM too much btw, should I get some ramsinks for my memory???
my Sandra scores went up like 300mbs since I changed the timings :D

is it twinmosSP or just regular twinmos?

if the former, the stuff loves voltage.. but if you're not seriously overclocking, it's kinda useless to just crank the voltage up :p

You dont really need active cooling on the RAM until you hit 3V and higher. Just put a good fan on the RAM and dont worry about ramsinks. Speed Premium uses UTT-BH now so it should be able to run 2-2-2-5 1T at 2.8V or less at stock 200Mhz speeds.

funy thing, it's regular twinmos dual channel 1gb kit. Initially they were to be just a temporary solution, until I got some a-data vitesta ddr600 or anything close, but now I suddenly got the urge to push my luck. maybe 2-2-2-6-1 with vDIMM 2.8 is possible with these sticks.

edit : I think they are regular but is there a way to make sure? Sandra, Everest, CpuZ ... where should I look?

burningrave101 said:
You dont really need active cooling on the RAM until you hit 3V and higher. Just put a good fan on the RAM and dont worry about ramsinks. Speed Premium uses UTT-BH now so it should be able to run 2-2-2-5 1T at 2.8V or less at stock 200Mhz speeds.
depends on the ram.. but yeah. i like active cooling at all times because it keeps ram temps down, allowing my ram to last much longer, even when not oc'ed too much :p
also, are you sure it's all utt-bh? i know it was transitioning over, but i'm not sure if it's all bh, or a mix of bh and ch

ufster8 said:
edit : I think they are regular but is there a way to make sure? Sandra, Everest, CpuZ ... where should I look?
look at the stick itself, read off everything on the sticker that identifies the ram for me :D :p

(cf)Eclipse said:
look at the stick itself, read off everything on the sticker that identifies the ram for me :D :p
I wish I could :( , my case is an utter mess right now, the cables of the bluestorm psu are all over the place and I can't even see my ram let alone remove it. I really should buy a bigger case, like stacker or Lian-Li V1200. I will look it up when I re-wire the whole case and perhaps then, I will also start a new thread telling how good they are or how much they suck. ;)
this is what cpuZ gives me
serial number : 6E852E89 and 6E852E89 (for each sticks)
part number : M2G9JA8ATT9F081CAD

thanks for the help

ufster8 said:
part number : M2G9JA8ATT9F081CAD
there should be a T on the end, but that makes me think you have "powerchip" ram chips on there.. i wouldn't expect much of them

also.. you can't turn off the computer and pop out the ram? that's sad :(

(cf)Eclipse said:
also.. you can't turn off the computer and pop out the ram? that's sad :(

If i can afford to buy some decent sized aluminium case this summer, i will. Other than that I have around 500€s to spend on graphics card(s), cooling (entry level water) and perhaps some new ram. Who knows, I might just make it if I can get by with bread and water. I'm glad someone shares my pain though...
:(

(cf)Eclipse said:
depends on the ram.. but yeah. i like active cooling at all times because it keeps ram temps down, allowing my ram to last much longer, even when not oc'ed too much :p
also, are you sure it's all utt-bh? i know it was transitioning over, but i'm not sure if it's all bh, or a mix of bh and ch

I dunno, i thought they were primarily all UTT-BH now. I wonder why so many types of RAM are switching to UTT-BH. Could it be because of the UTT-CH dieing alot more from the higher voltage?

burningrave101 said:
I dunno, i thought they were primarily all UTT-BH now. I wonder why so many types of RAM are switching to UTT-BH. Could it be because of the UTT-CH dieing alot more from the higher voltage?
either that, or CH is being phased out? only the mfg's know :(

Back