Tubing

placeboFx

Limp Gawd
I am looking to setup a new WC system but I am stuck on what type hose to use.

I will be using a danger den tdx A64 block, Black Ice Pro rad, and Ehiem 1046 pump.
The only area I am really having a problem with is tubing. There are too many companies, and too many opinions.

I guess what I want is an opinion about some braided clear 'garden hose' type tubing. I saw a few setups on the sticky that used it. It seems good. I have a site that sells it, I have posted the link here.
Braided Vinyl Tubing

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am by no means an expert, since I am just building my first water cooled system. That tubing looks very similar to the garden variety tubing you can purchase at Lowes. It is extremely stiff and has a bend radius of about 2-3". I was going to use that same type of tubing but realized after I tried to fit some in the case that it was simply too stiff and would cause unnecessary stress on the waterblock mounting hardware. My suggestion would be to look at some Clearflex or Tygon tubing. The Tygon is more expensive but looks to be softer and with a smaller bend radius that Clearflex. Regardless, either would be a better choice that the braided tubing. Just MHO.

Thank you both so much.

Isn't it funny how things as small and so important can be overlooked when trying to defy convention.

Tygon it is then.

BTW, once you get to the McMaster-Carr site the Tygon tubing you want is on page 85 of their interactive catalog.

If you want to save some money, McMaster's MasterKleer tubing is almost as good as Tygon IMO and it is considerably cheaper.

tygon, i just ordered 7 feet of it...it hasn't done me wrong yet. the run of the mill shit from lowes isn't bad at all my koolance system runs that but for my new li-li i want the best.

Jay Style said:
tygon, i just ordered 7 feet of it...it hasn't done me wrong yet. the run of the mill shit from lowes isn't bad at all my koolance system runs that but for my new li-li i want the best.

Always better to order a little extra, especially if you screw up and need to reroute something. Besides, nothing screams nerd like some spare hose in the closet. :cool:

Jonsey said:
Always better to order a little extra, especially if you screw up and need to reroute something. Besides, nothing screams nerd like some spare hose in the closet. :cool:
well worse comes to worse i'll have to wait on more...maybe i got 8 feet...i can't remember...grr. thanks though.

Back