trying to import outlook express into windows live vista

Im trying to figure out how to tranfer my address book and emails and folders to my new computer with vista on it. I tried to get to export but get a red midi or mimi error when I try. anyone got any ideas how to do this easily?

Easiest thing to do is first copy the files out of your outlook express store folder which can be gotten to by doing this:
1. Start Outlook Express.
2. Click Tools, and then click Options.
3. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
4. In the Store Location dialog box, copy the store location. To do this, follow these steps:a. Put the mouse pointer at one end of the box under the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
b. Press and hold the left mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer across the Your personal message store is located in the following folder box.
c. Press CTRL+C to copy the location.
5. Paste this copied location into an explorer URL bar to go to this location

Copy the files in there to another folder on say your desktop. Then move that folder to your new computer and import using Windows Mail and select from OE Store Folder and point it to the folder you copied those files into.

This will import the mail. You will have to do the address book by simply doing an export address book in OE and an import in Windows Mail.

which option for the address book should I use if I remember correctly it give a text option and another file version option

Back