Trouble starting up from Standby mode

BEGONE

Weaksauce
I have Win XP Pro on my laptop here (auto updates) and its having problems booting back up from standby modes. What happens is that after it enters standby mode, and I let it stay in that mode for about 3+ mins or so, and I try moving my mouse, pressing keys, etc.. to bring it back out of it, it responds as in I see the hard drive movement and I hear it too, but my screen remains blank, and then after a few seconds nothing happens. The power light and everything stays on, I sometimes hear the hard drive still spinning, but nothing responds. Pressing the caps lock key have no effect, as in the light doesn't turn on/off, so I'm guessing its not my monitor problem. Ctrlaltdel, pressing the power button, nothing happens. the only way to get out of it is to do a hard reboot, and needless to say, its wearing down my comp because I'm starting to see BSODs. also, It doesn't seem to matter if I have it shut down my hard drives or not...both instances it does the same thing. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Is anybody else having this problem? I've updated video and motherboard drivers, and it still does the same thing. Any idea what could be causing this?

Honestly, and this isn't going to be helpful, but I disabled standby mode completely. I have never seen more complaints about one single issue than these power-saving modes and laptops. That goes for all brands, and different versions of Windows.

Back