Trouble opening my 1000H in workgroup

The only problem I have is that when using any other computer on my network, they all recognize the ASUS 1000h but I cant access it.

The 1000H can open all the files on my Vista computer as well as another Gateway XP Home laptop, and a Emachines XP Media Center Edition PC. However when I try to access the 1000H's files through the workgroups it prompts a Log in..? I'm not sure how to correct this problem as my personal desktop with vista has the same username and password as my 1000H. Plus every computer is in MSHOME workgroup.

If anyone has anything I can try to get this to work I'd appreciate the help :)

Thanks in advance!

are you running Linux or XP Home on the Eee? If windows then you need to enable file and printer sharing. It's asking for a username/password because you either have one setup on it or you haven't allowed the "everyone" group access.

Type the password?

computer hostname\account for the username

Getting a login prompt is good!

I cant get the password to work otherwise I would just do that anyways. I type in my username (thats used on the 1000H, which also the same as my desktop) and then the password I have on it set to, to log on to windows.... and it doesnt work.

Back