• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

trouble getting smp work units

rick5127

Gawd
Joined
Feb 18, 2007
Messages
530
Anybody else having trouble getting a new SMP work unit? I checked the stats page and it looks like plenty of servers are up but my one smp-12 rig won't download any. Just keeps saying nothing available. V 6.34 Windows XP by the way.
 
Its bigadv too, my dual hex htpc is idling as well. :(
 
One of mine idling, the other three have work for the next couple of days.

H.
 
Picked up a 6904 about 15 hours ago. My other system will be done with it's WU in 15 hours. Hopefully this is fixed by then!
 
One of my boxes was just sitting idle so I bounced it and now it is churning on regular bigadv. I guess that that a regular bigadv is better than sitting idle.
 
Last edited:
Just snagged a 6900, all systems working. SR-2 will be done with its WU in an hour, lets see if it grab's a bigbig properly.
 
Apparently, assign went kaput and the redundant failsafe was missing a bunch of WS links for SMP projects. They switched everything over to assign2 to get the juice flowing again, but say they're working to better mirror assign and its failsafe. Considering it's Saturday - I'd say it was a pretty swift and effective response, by any standard, let alone by PG standards.
 
Sound like the wrong application of the word failsafe... but who am I to criticize...
 
Back
Top