Trolled hard by FedEx:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey H,

I just got trolled hard by FedEx. I bought a $300 tablet and it was shipped via FedEx. I requested "Hold for Pickup" so that they wouldn't leave it at my apt door, which is like 8 feet from the main entrance and anyone can access it.

Well, they didn't hold for pickup even though I submitted the request well over a day before the item was "delivered." And the item was allegedly "delivered to my front door," and promptly stolen.

I can't even file a claim since I'm not the shipper. Argh, at times like this, I wish I were a lawyer.

well, I'm about 80% sure that Im going to file in small claims against FedEx. I think most people would agree that fedex's negligence resulted in a lost/stolen package. 1: left in insecure area 2. did not Hold for Pickup

well, I'm about 80% sure that Im going to file in small claims against FedEx. I think most people would agree that fedex's negligence resulted in a lost/stolen package. 1: left in insecure area 2. did not Hold for Pickup

If you have a proof of hold for pickup, you can file a claim. But the shipped needs to file the claim first and then you call and give them the necessary information. Also $300 tablet needs to be signed for. So, if the seller did not request a Direct signature, it is on him. You can file a dispute and win. I am not suggesting that you do it, but this will give a motivation to the seller to fight fedex behalf of you.

i have similar experience recently. I bought a 200 dollar video card off Ebay. it was delivered via USPS. they just left it on my door step...now i live in a apt complex with shady ppl too.
Or I have had cases where mailman left a not on my door saying iwasnt home YET he never knocked! i was home all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back