Tripplite UPSs?

popgoestheweasel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
438
Was thinking about getting a ups, I had a surge recently that I believe fried my DVI inputs on my new Gateway 21" widescreen monitor. Not very happy :/ It was plugged into a Woods brand surge protector at the time. Anyways I was strolling through the brand new Costco in Chandler, AZ when I cam across this:Tripp Lite's Smart 1000LCD for $99.99. Didn't actually know if this is a good deal or not, buy now I think I'm going back the lowest price I can find on the net is just over $130.
 
This UPS has been discussed on previous threads. It is apparently pretty reputable. I will be buying one myself (from Costco) because of the price.
 
Very good UPS. IMHO, ranks up there with APC Smart Ups and Opti's ES series. $100 is a VERY good price for a 1000VA.
 
If you are looking for the ultimate surge protection with some line conditioning (with out spending thousands), then look into Brick Wall.

http://brickwall.com/index.htm

You will also have to get a surge unit for your data line (cable/DSL/dialup, etc.).

Try doing a little reading on AVSForum and you will see that UPS systems actually suck for PCs if you are worried about audio/video quality too. They are only good if you are worried about mission critical uptime.
 
Back
Top