Trendnet unveils Powerline 1200 AV2 kits

Ducman69

[H]F Junkie
http://www.cnet.com/news/trendnet-unveils-two-new-speedy-powerline-1200-av2-adapter-kits/

Trendnet says both kits support the latest Powerline 1200 AV2 standard. This means technically they can offers up to 1,200Mbps. In reality the sustained speed will be around 500Mbps, which is a huge improvement from existing adapters on the market.

Adapters in both kits come with one Gigabit network port and can create a reliable connection between two wall sockets as far as 980 feet (300m) apart and can work in homes as large as 5,000 sq. feet (465 sq. meters).

What are your thoughts? I'm thinking that this may finally be the powerline solution that people were looking for, but that technology just hadn't reached until now. Not going to replace wires, but could be a good solution to provide a fast bridge between wifi routers in your home.

I was thinking I could use two of these, so I'd add another wireless router downstairs and in the garage, three total on the same SSID so that you always have a strong signal. The wireless routers of course have ports for hard wiring static systems there too like a HTPC.

Sorry to resurrect the thread

Are these going to be release in the US? I may not seen them offered for sale yet.

Back