Tracking Web Surfing

rsnellma

Gawd
Hi,
I am wondering how to track web surfing or a way to log what my children visit on the Internet? I didn't know if Internet Explorer had some sort of built-in feature like this or not. Also, how can I block or filter what they can and cannot surf on the web? Thanks in advance.

Bob2001

I'll give you the obvious answer and say you could always look in the browsers History. By default IE logs 20 (i think thats what it is) days of sites viewed unless changed or cleared by the user.

I would also establish trust with your kids and talk to them instead of going behind their back to figure out what they are looking at. If you are that worried you could always get that NetNanny thing or something similar.

my problem was always finding my dad looking up inappropriate stuff on our family computer and confronting him :)

rsnellma said:
Ok, so how do you check the history of IE?

open Internet Explorer and click on the "History" button at the top, just hover your mouse over the buttons if you aren't sure and it will show you what the button are without clicking on them

Not sure what you have for a home router, but mine has an option to track all websites visited for 10 days i believe.

ctrl-H will bring up the history too.

I am looking for something along these lines too. I've heard netnanny is pretty good. I'll have to take a look at the k9.

trckn4life said:
I am looking for something along these lines too. I've heard netnanny is pretty good. I'll have to take a look at the k9.

IMO, k9 is every bit as good as anything else out there, and it's free.... and so far, absolutely NO spyware, and no nagging. Been using it for about 8 months, without so much as a hiccup.

Thanks Juan. I am going to try K9. I mean besides it is free. So, I have nothing to lose. Thanks again. I hope and think this is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks again and again and again.

Bob2001

Back