Total NOOB audio question.

bonghitter400

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
75
Does my new X-Fi Extreme gamer make any difference with a usb headset? I bought the card and am mostly going to use it for gaming, and I'm not certain if it even makes a real difference. I have yet to take it out of the box because I'm installing a new mobo first. I just started to wonder if it's worth it at all so I can take it back if necessary.

Sorry about the noobness of the question, it's just that I don't have a lot of experience with soundcards and I looked around for awhile before asking.
 
*cringes at the triple post*

I'm not exactly sure, but wouldn't a USB headset basically act as a software sound card? I mean, I'd think you'd have to plug into the analog output of your X-Fi to actually use it. Otherwise, there's no physical channel between the sound card and your USB controller...
 
Back
Top