• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Torn, need help deciding...

cc2096

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2003
Messages
1,670
Ok so I am thinking about getting a 2405 to replace my 2 2005's. I love my monitors, however I just stepped up to SLi (2x eVGA 7800GT CO SE's) and since I can't use both monitors and have SLi running it kinda forces my hand to move up to the 2405. Here is my deilema though. I can get the 2405 for $810 shipped to my door, or (get ready to smack me for this, my wife did, lol) I could pay $350 and get a 3rd 2005 :eek: .

Knowing that I have gone SLi, but also knowing that I am a multi-monitor whore (absolutely LOVE my 2 2005's), which should I go with?

Any help or steering in the right direction would be great. And yes I know that the 2007 and 2407 are coming, but personally HDCP isn't a big issue for me, and I don't really like the new bases.

:D
 
Sell the 2005's and get a 2707 when it comes out. You clearly need a lot of desktop space but with sli, you need a single screen. So one large screen is truly the only answer.
 
I thought about going that route to, but as far as I can tell the 2707 is mere vaporware at the moment, there is no substaintial info that it does or will even exist. :(
 
I own both the 2005 and the 2405 and believe me that the 2405 is alot nicer than the 2005...But personaly i would save my pennies and get the 3007 from dell. You already have two 2005 so its not like your hurting in the display department. Just hold on until you get a bonus or something and spurg for the 30.
 
Thought about that one too, and actually it is my bonus that is enabling me to do this upgrade now. If I went for the 3007 I would be divorced, or so my wife says, lol. ;)
 
Back
Top