tool to recover OE identity password

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk82

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know of a freeware tool to recover an Outlook Express Identity password?
One of my clients forgot her password. I don't really want to create a new identity and transfer her mail over as I would lose her address book.
All the google searches I've done were for shareware apps, and I cannot justify paying $20 for this one time usage and pass the price on to her.

TIA

I found a utility fairly quickly that says it will work. I do not use identities in OE, though, so I cannot test it.

Also, this is kind of dancing around a "help me crack this" issue... probably not supposed to talk about that stuff in general forums. If mods ok it, then I'll post linkage. Otherwise, Google is your friend.

Cheers.

hawk82 said:
Does anyone know of a freeware tool to recover an Outlook Express Identity password?
One of my clients forgot her password. I don't really want to create a new identity and transfer her mail over as I would lose her address book.
All the google searches I've done were for shareware apps, and I cannot justify paying $20 for this one time usage and pass the price on to her.

TIA

It's not freeware, so I guess this doesn't help you much (sorry, did a search and was unable to find) but in case anyone else is interested I personally I use
http://www.lostpassword.com/outlook-express.htm

Their suite of products (Passware Kit) lets you recover passwords for numerous applications (OE, zip, rar, quickbooks, quicken, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back