Titanium Install help needed

Cally

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 27, 2005
Messages
512
I bought a new Creative X-FI Titanium card yesterday, the one without the i/o panel. I spent about 3 hours trying to get it installed and all the software updated. I had to call support because the software activation code would not work, they had to give me a new code. Now that it is all done Windows XP Pro doesn't recognize that the card is installed.
In device manager under other devices there is this:
Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus.
I have tried uninstalling it and rebooting but windows cant find software for it for some reason. I have tried to update the driver and it fails. I have tried to install software from a specific location and I have failed. I see a list of audio devices from creative in the list but none above awe-16.
When I first built this sytem a few days ago I was using the onboard sound. I see a listing in Sound, video, and game controllers for a Legacy sound driver but I am unable to remove it.
I am hoping someone else has had this problem and knows the way to get this card recognized. I have 3 more hours to wait until tech support opens.
 
Besides: did you have some other sound card in the system earlier?
What about removing ALL sound card drivers and software, rebooting,
NOT installing any Vista default driver and instead installing only the driver pack I linked to?
 
I have no idea what happened but it now works. All I did was hit setup on the drivers I downloaded yesterday again. This was the first sound card on this system as I just built this system a few days ago. I had deleted any reference to the on board sound. I had loaded drivers and a few apps from the CD, then did the auto software update as part of the install process. Today was the 3rd time I ran the driver setup. I am just glad it works. Sound seems a little low despite the fact I turned volume up in the volume panel. Sound in the game is amazing I am hearing this I never heard before in the game.
Thanks for the help I am glad it now is working.
 
Back
Top