• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

This should end amp upgraditis....

computerpro3

LightningRod
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
8,702
5melos.jpg


sr325is.jpg


Yup, I did it. Decided I needed to move up in the head-fi world, so I picked up THE ultimate headphone amplifier for Grado's. The Melos SHA-Gold Reference - fully modded by Melos Audio Restoration. The only thing left to do is Maestrobate it (I'll get around to that when I have the cash).

I'll post a full impressions thread when it arrives!
 
lol, this should end upgraditis but I am gonna upgrade it when I get the cash.
It never ends does it? ;)
 
Mister X said:
lol, this should end upgraditis but I am gonna upgrade it when I get the cash.
It never ends does it? ;)

Haha true, true. After I Maestrobate it, hopefully that's it for dynamic single ended amps.

I have decided I can be happy with 3 rigs and 3 rigs only:

RS-1 and Melos
L3000 and SDS XLR
Stax Omega II and Singlepower ES2

That should cover all genres nicely. At least I'm done with the RS-1 rig now. Wonder how long it's going to take to save up for all three :)

As for the cost, about $900. Very good deal, all things considered.
 
I just can't get with Grados man. They work for some but I get a headache. Darth Beyer's ftw.

nice friggin setup tho.
 
spaceman said:
I just can't get with Grados man. They work for some but I get a headache. Darth Beyer's ftw.

nice friggin setup tho.

Getting a synergistic amp might be able to tame those highs. I was just doing some extra-cautious listening today, and I know that my Onkyo TX-37 has a warmer, darker sound (although the bass is a bit too boomy for me).
 
Back
Top