Third LCD

silentwolf

n00b
Looking for opinions here. I currently have 2 Dell 2005 WFP displays (20 inch wide screen's 1680x1050) hooked up to my rig, and when im really doing work, I find I have been running out of space between the two monitors. I have been investigating getting a third monitor, but I am unsure of what to get.

I am wondering if I should get a third 20 inch wide screen to add to the setup (likely the current version of the 2005) or should I upgrade and get a 24 inch monitor and stick it in between the two 20's (likely a BenQ or something similar).

I am a photographer and digital animator, so I could benefit from the higher resolution of the 24 incher for editing pictures, and just in general it would be good to have a higher resolution main screen, but I don't think I can swallow the current prices of the 24 inch panels, and I hear that their color reproduction can be troublesome.

I have 2 videocards in my system to be able to drive the third display, and I have a GTX260, so I would be able to game happily on a 24 without performance issues.

So, thought?

Back