Thinking about getting a Sager

HKD

Weaksauce
Any thought's on them? Anyone have one? Been looking at the reviews and video reviews on them and look quite good. Not sure on what model I will get yet. Any thoughts would be great, thanks.

Sagers are a well made machine.

A lot of people here recommend them.

You will not be disappointing.

sagers are good machines. Alienware rebrands some of them if that gives you an idea on the quality

Sagers are very good, Mostly Clevo and Compal ODM's OEM'd by Sager. I would not agree Alienware has any rebranded Sagers but I could be wrong. They would not rebrand Sager but Clevo and currently not happening.

What form factor are you looking at? NP8660 is a very nice 15.4 w8800m GTS I think, And NP9262 is the most powerful notebook bar none (built on a Clevo ODM).

Cost for performance is much lower than Alienware.

I was looking at the np9262 but i was told it's weight was around 14 pds little to heavy for me would like it to be more portable like the np5793 or so

Sagers are very good, Mostly Clevo and Compal ODM's OEM'd by Sager. I would not agree Alienware has any rebranded Sagers but I could be wrong. They would not rebrand Sager but Clevo and currently not happening.

What form factor are you looking at? NP8660 is a very nice 15.4 w8800m GTS I think, And NP9262 is the most powerful notebook bar none (built on a Clevo ODM).

Cost for performance is much lower than Alienware.

Ahh... I just looked up the one my friend had which looked exactly like a sager, turns out sager was rebranding a cleno. My bad.

My point still stands though. Alienware (or most major brands like Dell and HP) do not manufacture the laptops themselves, they have other companies do it. Clevo, Compal, ChemUSA and 1 or 2 others are the usual OEMS. Foxconn does some stuff for Apple unless that changed. I'm fairly sure they've done stuff for dell.

You can save alot of money by getting one directly from an ODM, you just might not get the same level of support.

Look here: http://www.discountlaptops.com/
That site has been around for years.

The NP5797 looks like the update of the NP5793, The NP5797 has the 9800m GTX vs 9800m GTS in NP5793. And it is has the Montevina platform with the option of QC CPU.

The NP8660 is lighter than the others mentioned, 7.1lbs vs 8.35lbs. It is on the Montevina platform and offers the 9800m GTS. That is some nice power and considering power not bad portability.

Edit: Omega you are correct there are a finite number of actual manufacturers and many brand names like DeLL, Alienware, HP, Apple and Toshiba do not manufacture their own notebooks. They contract with other companies to build either as an ODM or contract manufacturer so yea important for people to know.

I forgot the main ODM's I think Compal is 2nd or 3rd. Clevo is small but make the ubber notebooks and have a very good reputation.

Back