Thernal paste?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Joined
Apr 24, 2005
Messages
4,308
So on most of my builds I use Arctic Silver 5, but is there anything better out there? I have been using it from some tome now, and want to know if there is anything that could get me lower temps. Thanks!
 
mx-2 and the new tx-2 seem to show a couple degrees lower and dont have a break in period like as-5 does.
 
I used to be an AS5 junkie; however, after many a review and suggestion, I tried Tuniq TX-2 and was thoroughly impressed. It gave me a 2-3 degree drop without the "break-in" time of AS. That will be my new paste of choice.
 
I have been using the OCZ Ultra 5+, pretty good stuff. Silver thermal compound, no break in period like the AS5, and dropped my temps by a couple of degrees from my old brand (Shin-Etsu, server grade, forgot the exact product - one of the best).
 
Arctic Cooling MX-2, Tuniq TX-2, and OCZ Freeze are all a bit better than AS5 and don't require burning in. Realistically though, it really doesn't make much of a difference which one you use.
 
using ceramique for ages now

always found AS5 way to much hassle to clean for the sake of maybe 1 degree
 
I have been using the OCZ Ultra 5+, pretty good stuff. Silver thermal compound, no break in period like the AS5, and dropped my temps by a couple of degrees from my old brand (Shin-Etsu, server grade, forgot the exact product - one of the best).

Ultra 5+ will perform identical to AS5 if you get my drift. ;)
 
I didn't even know until reading everyones replies that there was a break in time.:eek:
 
I have recently switched from AC5 to MX-2. I have noticed a small improvement.
 
Back
Top