• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

thermal take silent wheel

16dBA...........NO WAY!! thermatake are liars dont ever trust them. They take their sound measurements from further away than normal fan makers.


And anyway 54.4 cfm at 16dBA IMPOSSIBLE!!
 
That is what I was thinking. 1cm, 9volts could not do that.
 
I see Tt, 16dba, and a bright Orange fan with many blades.

That tells me that something is wrong...

Every Tt fan I have seen and/or heard, is LOUD!

Maybe they mean 16dba when you spin it with your fingers and 54.4cfm when it's plugged into a 12v Power Source.
 
While I do doubt its 16 dba, it probably is quieter than most 120mm fans, even TTs own. The holes on the sides for more intake and less plastic on the support side offer less restriction. Seems like a pretty nice fan, but still not near 16 dba. I'd get one to try it out.:)
 
Its only quieter because it seems to spin slightly slower than their other fans.
 
there not even close to 16db. maybe 20 at the lowest speed... I replaced mine with a silverstone 110cfm fan on my cpu...29 wide open
 
Don't know why Thermaltake insists on making orange fans. It's not unique, but it is ugly.
 
c1001 said:
Don't know why Thermaltake insists on making orange fans. It's not unique, but it is ugly.
I like that conclusion, they should stick with black, like on their Volcano 7...
 
how is 16dba impossible on a 130MM fan at 56 dba? personally i find thermaltakes stuff to be fine.. (the silent boost HSF is silent.. like they say...)
 
0mega said:
how is 16dba impossible on a 130MM fan at 56 dba? personally i find thermaltakes stuff to be fine.. (the silent boost HSF is silent.. like they say...)
I agree. All of the fans in my AMD gaming rig are Thermaltake, in fact up until a week or so I had a Thermaltake PSU.

I've never had any problems with their stuff. I do agree that their orange fans are ugle. But I run 8 Blue LED 120MM fans in my case; I partly expect it to be noisy with the amount of fans I run. lol Although with the new fan controller I installed it's fairly quiet.
 
0mega said:
how is 16dba impossible on a 130MM fan at 56 dba? personally i find thermaltakes stuff to be fine.. (the silent boost HSF is silent.. like they say...)
Just to put in perspective... the 120mm Nexus Real Silent fan is rated at 37cfm and 23dBA, rotating at 1000rpm. That fan is generally accepted in the silent-computing community as being accurately rated.

The Thermaltake Silent Wheel rotates at 1400rpm, pushes 54cfm, yet produces only 16dBA. That extra centimeter doesn't really matter, the fan still rotates too fast. 16dBA in another room perhaps. The Silent Boost isn't really 21dBA either.
 
I just replaced two of my six 120mm case fans and the two new ones are different shades of blue.

One is more of a grennish/blue and the other one is a light blue. While the original two blue ones are a dark blue. All of the case fans are Thermaltakes.

Now I'm thinking about redoing all of them and just buying 4 different fans.
 
The Silent Wheel is quiet. Very low pitched, high airflow.

I can personally vouch for this fan... it's sitting on my desk.... It's a quiet one.
 
Tt Tech said:
The Silent Wheel is quiet. Very low pitched, high airflow.

I can personally vouch for this fan... it's sitting on my desk.... It's a quiet one.
Subjective! And you work for Thermaltake!
 
Yes, it's subjective. It's from my personal point of view here at Tt. =)

It's quieter than the fan on the Big Typhoon. =)
 
I don't doubt that it is quiet. 19db quiet - not likely. I wish Thermaltake's specs were more realistic.
 
Back
Top