The ways to noobie mod a Dell XPS 600

Alright guys some of you might've seen my XPS 600 in the other forums when i did the first case window. Now I have installed my second and ghetto painted to top panel and front bezel door. I have also found some pics of the system when i first received it form my cousin (for a VERY low price, which is why I bought this system in the first place). So here ya go. Feel for to criticize :rolleyes:

Here's the sexy blue door from when i first received system (ugliest color ever IMO) plus the top window mod i installed:
2a9wrv4.jpg

2n8oe3c.jpg

Here it is again with my color of choice sprayed on in the most noobish way possible :)
21mde3b.jpg

165emx.jpg

And here's the ultimate noob machine finished. (for now)
o7lu8x.jpg

juu5py.jpg

The hole is actually cut perfectly level. The rubber sealing keeps faling in and out of place :(

Not to be mean, but this almost looks like it belongs in Ghetto Mods...

And honestly the blue (that you received) and the green (that you picked) are nearly the same level of ugly factor. But if this is what starts your modding craze may you continue into the future.

You should use a file and straighten out the cuts a bit. Congratulations on catching the mod bug.

i agree lol... this is incredibly ghetto...

get some u-channel molding from mnpctech.com or frozencpu.com or performance-pcs.com and cover up those disgusting cuts... then you can just mount the windows with 3M tape of the gods (modder name)

also. why did you paint the panels green? it would look nicer with black or a matching silver tone...

The whole case will be green eventually. Just wanted to test out the color before i did the whole thing. I chose that green because it matches the color of my eclipse and because i've always liked green.

In the top window it looks as if you've only drilled a few holes for the air intake for those fans, am I right? If so that's way too little, you'll get basically no airflow through there.
The later pics show fan grills though so I might be wrong - did you cut full size holes afterwards?

And did you remove the CPU heatsink shroud? That won't do your temps any good, have you checked them?

Yeah i cut out bigger holes and put the grills over them. And by removing the heatsink cover i went from 46C full load to 44C and 38C idle to 36C idle. Please some one explain this to me.

Back