The reason to clean Cuplex Blocks..pics

first of all, that looks a hell of a lot like green, which is one of the two colors that copper corrodes to (green and black) it also looks like corrotion. even if that block is all copper/nickel/brass if you are using a AC rez that ic Al and will cause it as well.

might i add taht that block looks like another cathar clone, at least it seems a lot more original then the RBX/TDX.

Swimming_Bird said:
first of all, that looks a hell of a lot like green, which is one of the two colors that copper corrodes to (green and black) it also looks like corrotion. even if that block is all copper/nickel/brass if you are using a AC rez that ic Al and will cause it as well.

might i add taht that block looks like another cathar clone, at least it seems a lot more original then the RBX/TDX.

It is a bluish green color, but it is not from any corrosion problems. These are brand new never before used blocks. And the nozzle accelerator plate is actually nickel plated brass. The problem seems to be a result of them not degreasing the parts before shipment. What you are seeing I think is dried up oil based machining coolant of some type.

Essentially the Cuplex XT is a refinement of their popular Cuplex Pro that they have been making for quite a while now.

tbooth said:
cuplex2.jpg

cuplex3.jpg

cuplex4.jpg

I've seen these milling marks on other XTs as well but the block still feels extremely smooth.
cuplex5.jpg

those marks are caused by the face mill catching a chip under the insert and rubbing it across the part, its basically the machine operator not having the coolant lines adjusted properly to remove the chips

Yeah, the fit and finish is going downhill. Good thing STASIS is here to the rescue! :p

They shouyld at least lap the parts, but instead all they do is hit it with a dirty facemill which yields a vastly inferior finish. What feel "smooth" to your fingers is in reality a coarse, mill scared surface, and depending on the fixture and how it was loaded, may or may not be square. :rolleyes:

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
Man, and I thought Swiftech were going to crap.

What's happening to all the supposedly high quality WC companies :(

Throwing in my £0.2...

I recently got my hands on a Danger Den Aquadrive, to say the least I'm a little disappointed with what I found.

Being the type of person I am, I opened the thing up straight away, I'm glad I did! Here's why:

ad1.jpg

The delrin flow sections still had millings inside.

ad2.jpg

One of the copper contact plates was a little scratched up, obviously a rushed milling job.

The damage is easily rectified, I was just slightly concerned that other users may have plumbed the aquadrive straight in and had delrin shavings clogging up their radiator etc. I've been informed the batch was a little iffy as it was delayed. It was reported to Danger Den and they were apologetic.

There seems to be a lot of propaganda lately that I don't call Aqua Computer on their bullshit. So hear ya go... If you read through any of the AC threads you will see similar AC flaming for similar nonsense. Aqua Computer puts out really great stuff, but they definitely ain't perfect. Since no one else is as well I keep buying the stuff I like.

I had a link to it on the first page of the AC thread. Otherwise I would have never found it with the search function being down. Even when the search function was up it's still difficult to find what you want about AC stuff because there are hundreds of threads. :(

Back