The "O"

Whoa! Nice job...

Ever thought of selling these things...? :D

Keep em coming! Good work

i wish my dad would do something like that for me, friggin awsome. but then again my dads idea of a badass computer is one with a "supercharger" on it. :rolleyes:

I'm in awe! Very nice work. You should work for Orange Co. Choppers or something! :eek:

That is....*jaw drops, drool starts falling out*.........beautiful. That is by far one of the greatest looking mods I've ever seen. Keep up the good work.

i wish my dad would do something like that for me, friggin awsome. but then again my dads idea of a badass computer is one with a "supercharger" on it.

I saw a mod the other day just like that. Looked just like a big V8 engine. I'll see if I cant find the link.

quick question, how did you strip the paint off, i really like the bare metal look

i have used sand paper P400 cause i don't want to have a mirror effect, then i've been waiting 2 weeks just for a little "natural" rust and then i 've applied gloss paint (not sure of the word - the no color paint use to protect !!).

ouppps , and tanks again for the good feedback ;)

Alonso_Bistro said:
i have used sand paper P400 cause i don't want to have a mirror effect, then i've been waiting 2 weeks just for a little "natural" rust and then i 've applied gloss paint (not sure of the word - the no color paint use to protect !!).

ouppps , and tanks again for the good feedback ;)

i love the look of it. i dont know if youve seen my case but its brushed aluminum and black. i am going to cut a window of some kind and use the grill effect you used in your mod, I really like it. You did an awesome job. Now you have to watercool it, some german watercooling would look really good with all of that.

Amazing job (jaw hitting floor sound)

this isn't intended as a dis, but it looks like an angry G5

Alonso_Bistro said:
thanks, watercooling will be maybe in the mod i'm working on ;)
can u give a link to your work ?

Here is the cooling, the inside is filthy because the side is solid so no one can see it

http://www.spatula-city.us/computers/newest/P1010126.JPG

here is the outside

http://www.spatula-city.us/computers/newest/P1010131.JPG

when I did it I was more concerned about cooling than looks but I also tried to make it look good. I was happy with how it looked until I saw yours, now I want grates :D

note also that it is american watercooling so it does not look nearly as cool as german watercooling.

What is that woven wire mesh on the front called? I wanna get some. :p

I looked at this thing again... and it looks better than when I first looked at it! :D :p :)

Man :eek: Thats some skill! Many accolades! It looks sort of like a bad ass G5 case. Welcome to the forum BTW!

What is that woven wire mesh on the front called? I wanna get some.
Try looking here, the guy sells it for $6 for 12x12 sheets.

CrimandEvil said:
Man :eek: Thats some skill! Many accolades! It looks sort of like a bad ass G5 case. Welcome to the forum BTW!

such...a....ripoff. but man is that stuff cool looking. dillemma++;

Yeah, part of my brain says that too but the other half is saying "you got some cash so use it damn it! it's soooo cool!" I think it's winning too :confused: :D

so i was just trying to strip the paint off of my current work-case...i dont think you did it by hand did you. i got 90% done with a panel and got disgusted. im buying some thinner tomorrow :p

Beige? what color? I just use sand paper and sand it all down to near bear metal.

CrimandEvil said:
Beige? what color? I just use sand paper and sand it all down to near bear metal.

white, with 60 grit paper. it takes about 5 minutes to get about the height of the panel, about 5 inches wide, clean enough. that doesnt seem like a lot but when youre doing it, it feels like forever. also i have a window already cut in it, an AMD logo, i couldnt do the parts by hand, i tried, too small

I sort of go into a zen-like thing when I sand so the time really just goes by for me but I understand. How about getting something like a belt sander? I know that one an Apple case you want to soak the panels in alcohol (not that kind ;) rubbing alcohol) like overnight, maybe try that? I think I have a guide on it somewhere....

CrimandEvil said:
I sort of go into a zen-like thing when I sand so the time really just goes by for me but I understand. How about getting something like a belt sander? I know that one an Apple case you want to soak the panels in alcohol (not that kind ;) rubbing alcohol) like overnight, maybe try that? I think I have a guide on it somewhere....

my understanding is the rubbing alcohol thing on the apples was only because they used low quality paint, im not sure how well itd work on what seems to be thick paint.

i cant afford a belt sander either, not when a bottle of paint stripper is $5. im gonna get that and see if that helps the sanding (boy am I gonna get sick from this project)

CrimandEvil said:

look at the first pic on that link... top left pic... see that handle??... where do i get that?

wayne said:
look at the first pic on that link... top left pic... see that handle??... where do i get that?
You can get the Handle here but thats a mod (I think) so maybe the guy could do some custom work for you, sent an email.

Dammit. I was thinking of something along these lines, although nowhere near as complex as this one. I guess I have to come up with new ideas because all you guys take them before I can get around to them. ;)

Good job.

Back